• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Not the time to buy.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Funny this thread resurfaced as I've been asking myself, where are we and the economy when it comes to spending and buying product(s). I'd love to sell, people are bidding and getting way over asking in my neighborhood but I DO NOT want to buy back into this market. I don't even want to buy a car let alone a motorhome in this situation. While I can probably get much more than I paid for my RV, which takes some of the sting off of newing up again with another RV, I'm not sure I could do it especially seeing the pure junk coming off the line these days (since 2019). If I were to buy, color me stupid, but for now my plan is not to, however, I struggle daily on whether or not to sell my coach at a very high price (i.e. list it and see what happens).

If I were to buy, color me stupid, but for now my plan is not to, however, I struggle daily on whether or not to sell my coach at a very high price (i.e. list it and see what happens).
Yep, list it high and see what happens. After all, you don't have to sell if you don't want to.

For a nanosecond I was thinking of selling (high) and considering buying back in while interest rates remain low, until they start to rise. That idea is dead. Reality has struck that as the OP's title says, this is not the time to buy. The time to buy has come and gone. This reminds me of the peak of the bubble in a housing crisis which is when I bought my house in 2005 and only now have prices gone above what I paid. I think buying now is going to stand very large depreciation hit in the years ahead. Those that have owned and held will stand to reduce depreciation with the values hiked from recent times. But the peak of this bubble is now and I don't see a good future on resale without a major hit. My $.02 but I think it's time to once again love the one your with (coach) and appreciate getting in prior to this horrendous price hike to insane levels. Slick sales people will make you think otherwise and work to get you to buy. Use your judgment and don't make a huge financial mistake.

no thank you yes GIF by Julieee Logan

Stay away from Bretz RV in Missoula Mt

I suggest you call Stan at Marlin Ingram, Montgomery Alabama. Negotiate a bit, you will get a good fair price

Johnnie

How many times in the last year have you said, this can't be happening here in the US.....

The USD became the world's reserve currency at the end of WW2. That was a long time ago when the US was a manufacturing powerhouse.

Today??? not so much....

Some history regarding paper currency

That could never happen here???

Last winter when I sold my Newmar I was initially worried that I was going to have to pay a premium for the new fiver we wanted. It turned out we were able to get over 30% off MSRP plus the dealer threw in Dish and some other goodies. The only catch was I made the deal with a dealer 1200 miles away. I still consider myself lucky for the type of RV pricing that has been going on the past 18 months.

Would love to hear updated thoughts on this thread as we are looking to buy a used motorhome. But no matter the outlook, the bottom line for us is that we want/need the motorhome for a trip this summer; we don't want that to be our first time out so we need it sooner to give it multiple tries (assuming a learning curve). So if we want to do this (big trip as an introduction to something new: RVing with the fam) then now is the time because kids don't stop ageing until a more convenient time. Even still, would like to go in with eyes wide open.

Latest resources

Back