• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Steve4059

RVF Regular
Hi all! We’re full timers in a 2022 superstar 4059
We’ve got an Oasis water heater that’s been working like a charm until now. The fault lite started coming on. When I went outside to take a look at the unit I found the low water light on.
I don’t know how to check the coolant level?
I kinda thought that this was a closed loop system . Don’t know enough to be able to diagnose this properly. Anyone with some knowledge of this system would be greatly appreciated.

Should be a clear plastic bottle. Okay, white opaque. Probably in aft of your coach or in chassis battery compartment. It will say oasis on the side.

Amazon product ASIN B09NS16W67

I suggest posting a picture or check Newgle. If you put fluid in the wrong tank it could be a very costly mistake. Until sure don’t put fluid in a tank. Maybe call Newmar or ITR first.

OK so I put more coolant into the dry tank. I turned everything back on. Now it seems that I have hot water but as soon as I try to turn on the hydronic heat (the floor heaters) the heater module fault light comes on. The unit has 700 hours on it and it’s a year old. Do I need to replace a circulation pump? Flush the coolant? Also, now that I have just the water heater going, the heater module and zone fault lights seeem to be glowing a bit???

Next to your OASIS unit is a silver panel with lights. Any red lights showing? Take a pic if needed.

I believe floor heat is an electrical system that is not related to OASIS.

I suggest posting a picture or check Newgle. If you put fluid in the wrong tank it could be a very costly mistake. Until sure don’t put fluid in a tank. Maybe call Newmar or ITR first.
Hi all! I took a chance and filled the empty tank about 3/4 full. After listening to the pump cycle on and off about 10 times I saw the level in the tank I just filled go down to about >1/3. Now the unit is working!!🤞even when I turn on both zones of floor heat and the water heater!(AC) don’t know if there’s a way to prime the system or an easy way to flush it out but this Newman newbie will definitely study the ins and outs of diesel/AC water heaters a whole lot more!

Next to your OASIS unit is a silver panel with lights. Any red lights showing? Take a pic if needed.

I believe floor heat is an electrical system that is not related to OASIS.
I did see that panel above my Chinook heater.
There was a switch on top of it that seemed to toggle the coolant pump on and off. No red lights on the panel, just the ‘low water’ led glowing on the array on the tank. After filling the tank up quite a bit I finally got the pump to start sucking fluid from the plastic tank! Now everything seems fine!
(For now!) 🤞🤞🤞🤞

The switch on top is an override and should be OFF. Otherwise all pumps run continuously which is a failure/emergency mode use only.

Yes, I was aware of that from reading the small owners manual. I actually used that switch to get the coolant flowing through the heater lines.

Latest resources

Back