• Commercial/Vendors welcome

%of MSRP to expect

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I heard yesterday from a reliable source at a dealership Newmar did not sell out the entire production run for 2024 as they have done in years past. Given the state of the industry and the economy interest rates etc that seems intuitively correct. This is going to be interesting to see how this plays out in dealer pricing. Definitely a buyers market for sure to @Neal’s point above.
Completely selling out at the dealer's meeting was a relatively new phenomenon. When I ordered my '19, (agreed before the dealers meeting, dealer got a slot at the meeting), the '19s sold out at the meeting, and they had more orders than slots. However, when I started talking to the dealer, Newmar still had a few '18 slots at the end of the run not sold out, but I didn't want to buy the end of the model year and wanted to see what was new for '19.

So, it seems, it was just during this recent RV boom, from '19 to '23 model years, that Newmar was selling out all slots early and/or at the dealer's show.

the trick is balancing the deal on the new coach and what they give you on a trade.... all comes down to numbers at the end of the day...

As discussed above finding a dealer that is willing to work with you on price is key. Getting FPU helps with logistics and final prep of RV. out of state dealers you need to be sure they are willing to register the RV in your home state otherwise you might end up with extra State license fees and sales tax. Usually a state will credit some sales tax but if you buy in a high sales tax state and live in a low sales tax state you’ll be out the difference.
we live in Fl and purchased in Ga with FPU. I’ll post the results when the transaction is finalized.
in 2018 we purchased a new dolly from a Tx dealer and took delivery from a distribution center in Ga. No problem.

The dealer doesnt have to register the vehicle for you, when we purchased our 2021 Superstar in Colorado, we registered it ourselves with the state upon arrive back home... . every state is different depending on how they work with your home state...

I've seen plenty of units, Class A's, fifth wheels, etc., that have been on dealers' lots for 12-18 months. I imagine that's going to just keep getting worse for a while.

The combination of higher interest rates and inflated prices, has got to be making it tough to move units. A new Ventana is nearly what a Mountain Aire was going for when I bought my Ventana 4.5 years ago. It's nearly doubled in cost (discounted, what I can buy it for) from the '19 model to the '23. Not sure if '24 will be even more than that.

High interest rates are settling in on buyers. All quotes I have gotten are 7.5% or higher.
it's like gas prices.

everyone bitched when gas went to >$1.00 a gallon then it became the norm and no one complained again until it was >$2.00 then it became the normal again and no one complained until it went >$3.00 and again it became the norm.

then it was big news when it went to $5/$6/$7 a year ago. then it settled between $4.50 and $5.00 and has held there (in CA) for most of this year and it is the norm now, no one complains about $5/gal here and it is not even in the news anymore.

interest rates are the same. they were <2% for a long time, then 3%, 4%, 5%, now reaching 8% and it is normalizing, and no one is complaining.

this is what the 1% and those that control our economy want and since no one is complaining about it, it is what they will get.

I wont get all political... but you know the thing..

I wont get all political... but you know the thing..
Good luck with the new rig! Any chance of reporting what you got off? I loved getting this info when we shopped for ours in 2019. I ended up getting 27.5% off with no up charges for specials. Was told later I could have gotten a bit more off via a salesrep met at the Quartzite gathering in 2020.

28% and no markup on specials plus a few things thrown in.. the kicker in the deal was we got what we paid for our 2021 Superstar on the trade.. so between the deal on the new coach and the offer we got on the trade, it was by far the best deal we found.. we priced the same order/deal with 7 dealers.

Ordered one at 29% off MSRP
When I was shopping in 2020 I had several initial offers by email at 29% off msrp. This was clearly the starting point of some of the bigger dealers mentioned above as well as my local dealer, and I was fairly certain that with a little negotiating effort I could do a bit better. One dealer in Palm Desert tried to convince me that all units were selling at MSRP only which I found…interesting, given my findings elsewhere. I ended up buying used but learned a bit from the process. Fast forward three years and things might have changed - I’d like to hear from some 2024 buyers to find out about current trends.

Latest resources

Back