Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford Explorer/2018 Ford SuperDuty
Fulltimer
No
Good Morning!
anyone have any guidance on what % off MSRP to expect on 2024 special orders.. looking at ordering a Dutch Star so narrowing down dealers to quote from and options!!

My opinion and only my opinion.

Patience! It's a buyers market now, dealers will try to make you think otherwise

I'd expect north of 40% off and rebates/discounts OVER the 15K currently being offered

If you can wait I think the dealers and Newmar will see sales are not happening and deals will increase to try to sell the inventory

I do not believe there is any difference in any Newmar dealer. To me their only purpose is to write a contract for me. The purchase has absolutely nothing to do with anything that happens after the purchase, you can get service anywhere regardless of where you bought it but if able I always go to Newmar for service and Gaffney for my FL service. I would pick 4-5 dealers and work to find your lowest price, have them do the paperwork and do a FPU and be done with the dealer. That's their only purpose, to me. Some think otherwise and some dealers may make you think otherwise, sorry, it's business, not friendship or family, get your best price and move on.

Be careful of "things" marketed as upgrades vs. upcharges. Pure nonsense going on, I refrain....if ya know ya know.

Don't be desperate, don't tip your hand, play the game. It is a BUYERS MARKET.

Edit: Dealers I'd reach out to if I were buying now: Local, Steinbring, Midway, NIRVC. Many others are great, I just don't know them as well. I'm sure others can offer their experiences.

Edit2: If you cannot wait and must buy now, you will not get the best deal but you probably know that and just want your order in.

Last edited:
I heard yesterday from a reliable source at a dealership Newmar did not sell out the entire production run for 2024 as they have done in years past. Given the state of the industry and the economy interest rates etc that seems intuitively correct. This is going to be interesting to see how this plays out in dealer pricing. Definitely a buyers market for sure to @Neal’s point above.

"Newmar did not sell out the entire production run for 2024 as they have done in years past."

There is an old saying; "In every gain there is a loss, and for every loss, there is a gain!". just fact of life

Maybe, just maybe, Newmar should take advantage of this "Golden" opportunity and work on their quality control issues!!!!!!

Apparently, these very highly over paid RV industry execs have yet to learn the value of customer retention. Perhaps these 'hard' times would be an opportunnity for a 'smart' RV exec to try and understand the value of customer retention. Economic ups and downs are a fact of life or business cycle (however, the stupidity of the policy makers and the feds is another story). When these inevitable hard times come around, every one customer retained lessens the pain and every one customer lost adds to the pain.

Even the Pavlov's dogs were able to make such simple assocoations. Any exec within the RV industry above the pavlov dogs grade level?

Newmar is offering rebates. Got an email with the following:

YOUR CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE
Save up to $15,000 on select Newmar motorhomes purchased before June 30, 2023.

Take advantage of this unique, limited-time offer today and hit the road in the style and luxury of a Newmar motor coach—and enjoy legendary quality and a world-class ownership experience.

Coaches eligible:

New 2023 and 2022 Bay Star Sport: $5,000
New 2023 and 2022 Bay Star: $5,000
New 2023 and 2022 Kountry Star: $12,500
New 2023, 2022, and 2021 Ventana: $12,500
New 2023 and 2022 New Aire: $15,000
New 2023 and 2022 Dutch Star:

High interest rates are settling in on buyers. All quotes I have gotten are 7.5% or higher.

WOW ... so there are still some 2021's and a lot of 2022's still sitting on dealer lots it looks like.

FLSteve

Newmar is offering rebates. Got an email with the following:

YOUR CHANCE TO EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE
Save up to $15,000 on select Newmar motorhomes purchased before June 30, 2023.

Take advantage of this unique, limited-time offer today and hit the road in the style and luxury of a Newmar motor coach—and enjoy legendary quality and a world-class ownership experience.

Coaches eligible:

New 2023 and 2022 Bay Star Sport: $5,000
New 2023 and 2022 Bay Star: $5,000
New 2023 and 2022 Kountry Star: $12,500
New 2023, 2022, and 2021 Ventana: $12,500
New 2023 and 2022 New Aire: $15,000
New 2023 and 2022 Dutch Star:
Certainly a start but let's compare this a year from now. All coaches across the board should be starting at $15K rebates but that's still not enough to get me to buy, if I was looking, which I'm not. They dang near doubled costs from 6 years ago, let them suffer.

Folks, do not give in, the deals are coming. Be patient!!! It's a new model year and they think everyone is going to dive on that, some may, if you want a deal it is coming. Go play pickleball and check back later.

What did you order... one what lol

Latest resources

Back