• Commercial/Vendors welcome

On our way to Alaska

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The mother may have just weened it and set it off on his own. Learning how to forage for himself. At least that was my thought.

We got into Dawson Creek the other day and spent two nights there. I found out Hwy 2 Klondike Hwy is closed due to fires. We had to go through an active fire just before we got to Ft. Nelson 3 days ago. Sign warned us of smoke and not to stop for any reason.

Today we had a change in plans. My mom is not as bad as she was so we’re diverting to Tacoma Wa. We found a comparable AC for the RV and we’re going to get it installed before we hit the heat. We’re taking 97 down then crossing at Sumas Wa.

A word of caution on the wild life. Don’t think you’re safe pulling over at a rest stop. We pulled over and Twila took the dogs out so they could duet her business. The door to the RV was facing away from the road. When Twila and the dogs got back in, I looked in my rear view mirror and a grizzly bear came from across the Hwy and went behind the Rv to the other side. He wasn’t more than 15 ft from the RV. Now I don’t think he was after Twila or the dogs, but it would have been a surprise for everyone.

A word of caution on the wild life. Don’t think you’re safe pulling over at a rest stop. We pulled over and Twila took the dogs out so they could duet her business. The door to the RV was facing away from the road. When Twila and the dogs got back in, I looked in my rear view mirror and a grizzly bear came from across the Hwy and went behind the Rv to the other side. He wasn’t more than 15 ft from the RV. Now I don’t think he was after Twila or the dogs, but it would have been a surprise for everyone.
Elli will be potty trained before going to AK! No way am I going outdoors on that trip!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back