• Commercial/Vendors welcome

On our way to Alaska

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I wonder how beneficial one of the Thermacell products would be in battling the mosquitos?
Used these when my band played outdoors. They work quite well. I have a zapper in the coach. When I use it at night, all flying bugs dead in the morning.

On the way back the beauty never stops. We came across 3 grizzly bears when we got back in the Yukon.
Another thing I saw at Haynes Junction in the Yukon, a Tesla Cyber Truck! Crazy.

Attachments

• IMG_3189.jpeg
    IMG_3189.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3188.jpeg
    IMG_3188.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3187.jpeg
    IMG_3187.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 13
Well guys we’re heading back a bit early. We have a few issues at home that came up and having a few issues with the RV. 1. 92 yr old mother we take care is having issues with the people that are watching her. 2. Gas side of the hot water heater quit working. The 110 side works fine. 3. The main 15k AC quit working. The 10k in the back works.
4. Truck AC quit working yesterday. Without the truck one it’s going to get a bit hot during the day.

we stayed in Tok last night at the Village Cabin and RV. This is one of the nicer ones that has 50amp service.
I'm glad you made it to Alaska before you were required to turn back. I can relate to your mom having issues. We are dealing with a similar situation too. 91 year old M I L just moved into extended care. The food is no good. I don't like a man that sits at the next table at lunch and it goes on and on. This is not unusual. Her day to day living has been turned upside down. She will get used to it though.

Safe journey home and I expect you will do your traveling in the early mornings to keep cool.

Darrell

Well guys we’re heading back a bit early. We have a few issues at home that came up and having a few issues with the RV. 1. 92 yr old mother we take care is having issues with the people that are watching her. 2. Gas side of the hot water heater quit working. The 110 side works fine. 3. The main 15k AC quit working. The 10k in the back works.
4. Truck AC quit working yesterday. Without the truck one it’s going to get a bit hot during the day.

we stayed in Tok last night at the Village Cabin and RV. This is one of the nicer ones that has 50amp service.
Glad you could do as much as you did and I hope all the issues work out ok. Have a nice drive - all down hill back to the lower 48. Thanks for the pics and tales from the road.

I wonder how beneficial one of the Thermacell products would be in battling the mosquitos?
I have 3 thermacells and they work great. I also like to light up mosquito sticks which work well too.

Murphy's Naturals Mosquito Repellent Incense Sticks | DEET Free with Plant Based Essential Oils | 2.5 Hour Protection | 12 Sticks per Carton | 2 Pack
Amazon.com

Here are some more shots between Watkins Lake and Ft Nelson. The buffalo was roaming around the rest stop we were at.
We heard here that the road to Dawson City is closed due to wild fires. Glad we got there when we did.

We’re going to stop in Grand Prairie BC in 2 days to replace our main house 15k btu AC before we hit the heat in the US. The prices are a few hundred dollars more then in the states, but worth the comfort.

Attachments

• IMG_7499.jpeg
    IMG_7499.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7553.jpeg
    IMG_7553.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7596.jpeg
    IMG_7596.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7597.jpeg
    IMG_7597.jpeg