• Commercial/Vendors welcome

On our way to Alaska

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We went to the Bahamas in December 2007. Came home in January 2008. We didn't need passports going but had to have them coming back. The airline wanted to see them before they let us board the outbound trip. I don't know when it was started but you can get a passport card that is only good for land based crossings into Canada and Mexico. I have one that I carry all the time. It is a convenient extra form of ID.

We went to the Bahamas in December 2007. Came home in January 2008. We didn't need passports going but had to have them coming back. The airline wanted to see them before they let us board the outbound trip. I don't know when it was started but you can get a passport card that is only good for land based crossings into Canada and Mexico. I have one that I carry all the time. It is a convenient extra form of ID.
Of course you know what started it all! Think 2001. Funny isn't it who got restricted!

Made it to Dawson Creek yesterday afternoon. We went through a few showers along the way. There must be a lot of dust and dirt on the roads you don’t really see. With just a little shower your RV and Toad looks like you went 500 miles down a dirt road. We rushed a little with the weather changing back to rain later in the day.
We’re staying at the Mile O Campground for a couple nights. We’re right near mile marker 0 of the Alaskan Highway. The campground is nice and kept up. Staff are friendly. Wi-Fi is good so I didn’t setup my Starlink here.
One thing I’m having to get use to is having daylight past 11:00 pm and again at 3:00 am. It throws my sleep pater off a little.

We made it to Ft Nelson and stayed at the Triple G Hidaway Campground. Friendly people with a self service RV Wash, little souvenir shop, restaurant/bar. Food is a bit expensive but good.
We’re being chased by a group of 25 RVer’s on a group tour. We got here early, but about an hour later there were TT, Rv’s stacked up trying to get in. There ended up being plenty of room for everyone.
Anyway we’re leaving a bit early this morning to beat the crowd.
What an adventure. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_3007.jpeg
    IMG_3007.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5775.jpeg
    IMG_5775.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 24
Hey @BGMAC , do you have to reserve the campgrounds you’re staying at ahead of time? I assume yes, but it would nice to hear no.

You mention food being a little bit high, wait. We were on a cruise and did an extended stay in Denali last week, milk was $11.87/gallon. Fuel seems to be the only item that is reasonably priced. In Skaway, we bought a small bottle of Chloraseptic spray, Ricola cough drops, and a decongestant - $84.00.

I'm also interested if you're making reservations. The parks were almost empty last week. Also, we saw mostly Class C and 5th wheels and very few Class A's. I never saw a tag axle coach but like I said, we were early in the season.

Be prepared, it never gets dark.

We left Ft Nelson this morning and about 30 miles out we lost all cell service for the rest of the day. I setup Starlink to get a connection out. Right now we’re about 20 miles west of Watson Lake at a campground called Baby Nugget RV Park. We picked it because it was the only one around that did not look like a parking lot. Most of the trip the highway was mostly tar and gravel. Pretty well kept. We got to see some buffalo and black bear along the way. One thing I didn’t see was the rock that flew up and hit the windshield about 4 miles from the RV park. I went back to town and got a windshield repair kit and applied it. I just don’t want cracks to continue while on the trip. I’ll deal with it when I get home.

Attachments

• IMG_5925.jpeg
    IMG_5925.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5940.jpeg
    IMG_5940.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5903.jpeg
    IMG_5903.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5896.jpeg
    IMG_5896.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5901.jpeg
    IMG_5901.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3037.jpeg
    IMG_3037.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3036.jpeg
    IMG_3036.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
Hey @BGMAC , do you have to reserve the campgrounds you’re staying at ahead of time? I assume yes, but it would nice to hear no.
I have reserved anything really. I just called the evening before or when we were a few hrs away. I have not had any problems. There are quite a few pullouts off the road I’ve seen people spend the night at.

I have reserved anything really. I just called the evening before or when we were a few hrs away. I have not had any problems. There are quite a few pullouts off the road I’ve seen people spend the night at.
Thats pretty much how I always do it unless I have some important date at a specific destination.

Latest resources

Back