• Commercial/Vendors welcome

On our way to Alaska

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We just arrived at Caribou Rv Park for the night just south of Whitehorse. It is packed I got the last spot and they side it will be like this to the end of the season. Nice place run by a German couple. When I told them I was military and lived in Germany for 3 years I got a discount. They serve authentic German food as well from a food trailer. Can’t wait to try the bratwurst .

Are there any big rigs, 40'-45', there?

Btw; I have a hard time seeing the km/h on my inst panel so I downloaded a speedometer app to my phone. Works well.

Attachments

• 102_0077.jpeg
    102_0077.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Are there any big rigs, 40'-45', there?
Here is the site map. We’re in spot 9. They have about 12 spots that can handle over 40 ft. This would be one place you may need a reservation.
The bratwurst was great btw.

Btw; I have a hard time seeing the km/h on my inst panel so I downloaded a speedometer app to my phone. Works well.
Great idea.

Well we made it to Dawson City up Hey 2 “Klondike Hwy”. The first third was ok. After that hold on to you hats. Bumps road sinking, and NO road is your treat for the day. It was rough to say the least. Then they had several miles of construction on the road where they took up the old one and you had a follow me truck through the construction site. No temp road. We had to move around all the equipment. Crazy. The motorhome looks like a dirt ball!
The Gold Rush Campground is a disaster. No grass at all. Very dusty and with the slide outs extended I maybe have a foot or so from my neighbors. If I wasn’t so tired I would have driven back to a different one. Now that I’m hooked up I’m only staying 3 nights. Oh yes expensive too. $71 per night. I expect higher rates since the season is so short, but…..

Attachments

• IMG_3050.jpeg
    IMG_3050.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3049.jpeg
    IMG_3049.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 26
Here are some pics of the drive up.

Attachments

• IMG_6162.jpeg
    IMG_6162.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6207.jpeg
    IMG_6207.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6210.jpeg
    IMG_6210.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6222.jpeg
    IMG_6222.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6160.jpeg
    IMG_6160.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 22
That's basically a parking lot, not a campground. Hopefully you don't run into too many like that on your trip.

Latest resources

Back