• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Our 2023-2024 Southern Migration Trip

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Ryker got his 2nd stem cell injection a week ago. Also had another shock-wave treatment, and he's still going to his hydrotherapy sessions 3 times a week as well as receiving his magna-wave treatments. We are thrilled with his progress.

Now if we can just keep him under control until his new ligaments are mature enough to handle the weight of a full grown dog.

View attachment 22836
Excellent!

You are really going above and beyond. Having raised working and show GSDs, I know the value of these unique animals, and the value they add to life, and I completely understand. All the best!

Before and after. Still need to paint the door, install hardware, hang new blinds, but it's just about done. Closing on the new place tomorrow. Kind of sad in a way. Never even got to use this one. lol

DSCN3299.JPG

9.JPG

DSCN3655.JPG

DSCN3649a.jpg

Ryker will do his last aqua-pacer and Magna Wave therapy session on Monday. Dr. Rullan will meet with us later in the day to discuss next steps. Given Ryker's incredible improvement, I expect he will sign him off for some moderate off-leash time. Sure hope so anyway.

If you have time, check out the awesome tools that the Equine Performance Center uses to treat horses and dogs. There are a bunch videos, but scroll down a bit and you'll find our boy, doing his thing on the aqua-pacer!

Go Ryker, Go!

you'll find our boy, doing his thing on the aqua-pacer!
He's such a handsome boy smiling for the camera! ❤️ I hope he gets some off leash time too. 🙏 Can't wait to meet your warrior dog with his frisbee.

We met with Dr. Rullan who was excited as we are about Ryker's progress. And that's great news. The bad news is he will have to remain "on leash" for another 4-5 months so that the ligaments & tendons can fully recover. So we're halfway through this mess.

Several walks a day, for a combined 2 miles is suggested. That's a bunch, but my fat self could use the exercise as well. Also, swimming in the pond 3 times a week for 10-15 minutes is also suggested. He likes doing both, so it shouldn't be a problem. Well, for him anyway. . .

Some neighbors here at Desert Shores have a dog undergoing hydro therapy and having great success. They are seeing a remarkable improvement so it is encouraging.

Latest resources

Back