• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

AlbertaMeg

RVF Regular
Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I have a 50 amp park model that is experiencing electrical issues. Lights flicker and dim, water heater light gets dim and bright, the ceiling fans will surge up and surge down.. No breaker issue visible, no other trouble shooting issues that can be found. I isolated certain appliances and it still isn’t making a difference.

Has anyone ever been down this road before? What were your issues and solutions if any? Thank you!!

Ask your neighbors if they have the same issue. Maybe park service issues.

Does everything dim at the same time?

You might consider an electrician. If it is not due to supply issues, you want to determine and repair issues ASPA. Not something you want to sleep on, literally.

You might consider an electrician. If it is not due to supply issues, you want to determine and repair issues ASPA. Not something you want to sleep on, literally.
You bet. We’ve got someone coming out next week. In the mean time all power has been cut to our park model. Really was looking to see if anyone had something similar happen to them in a park model and what their experience was with it.

I have been fixing my neighbors electrical issues as they pop up. Hers is a manufactured home. In it I have found poorly installed devices (switches, receptacles) you name it. You could take the time to check that all screws, and press in wire connections, are tight.

To do this turn the power off. Unscrew each device and pull each wire. Any device wire that pulls loose that you don't understand where it went, leave open for your electrician to fix.

To have your electrician do this simple task could take hours.

Latest resources

Back