• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alert Pepwave announces new antenna 7-in-1 - Puma 421

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thanks @MapNerd and @MemoriesByTheMile. I took a look at the Husky antenna, and have decided to go that route. I Like their surface mount with the magnets. Does it require the ground plane or is this just to mount it with the magnets?

@Neal - i’m limited as to where to mount the pepwave, since I don’t have 12v in a lot of locations. Which means I would have to run a cable for power. I thought of mounting the pepwave in the bathroom on the wall, but the only place it would work, it would be in the way. Could mount it in the bedroom with the antenna mounted on the rear ladder, nut I would still need longer cables.

The husky looks like it would provide the best options for me. Thanks for sharing the info
The Husky can be ordered with different length cables if you are needing a different length.

I haven't tried the Puma 421 and it wasn't available at the time I got my MAX TRANSIT CAT 18 Pepwaves. I am currently using separate WiFi and cellular antennas (Puma 401 and 201 IIRC) on custom 3D printed mounts. I took a good look at the Parsec Husky and their entire lineup and I like how the unit looks and I really would like to get both of my antennas on my front A/C shroud as I think that's the perfect mount for these low profile antennas. So I ordered 2 x PRO7H4L2WG15B antennas and will give them a try. The Puma 421 is half the cost but the longer cable leads on the Parsec will allow me to get to my front A/C shroud.

Got my Parsec Husky's yesterday (2). They are a beast, probably close to a foot in diameter and heavy. Hope they work as good as they are huge.

I have had a great experience with mine but seeing as it’s my first and only, I don’t really have anything to compare it to other than the paddles. Looking forward to reading about your experience.

Got my Parsec Husky's yesterday (2). They are a beast, probably close to a foot in diameter and heavy. Hope they work as good as they are huge.
Neal, where did you order from?

Neal, where did you order from?
MobileMustHave.com - basically I found the part number from the Parsec web site and PDF details based on what I wanted for cellular, wifi, and gps connections and the color, googled it, and that landed me on the web site(s) that offered it.
I’d suggest not running the sleeves into your roof opening, otherwise you might get a wicking effect that allows moisture to enter and build up over time.
I use sikaflex 221 to seal the cover plate I use and prevent water from getting in. I'll probably stop the sleeve right there. The sleeve is to prevent the mass of wires from spreading and being unkept on the roof. The other option are adhesive cable tie contraptions like I got with my solar setup.

I had enough additional space in my junction box that I just rolled the excess cable into a tight loop and stuck em in the box. I only have enough cable coming out of the box to reach the antenna in its current location and to drop down to the roof to keep cable entry into the box elevated from the roof surface.

If I ever want to move the antenna, just pull more cable out of the box.

Latest resources

Back