• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Pizza as the pizza Gods meant it to be

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Ok, Jim. Judy has given you clues on making the dough. Here’s thoughts on cooking:
1. Before stretching out the dough and putting the pizza together you must heat the stone to 800 degrees +. If you are using a wood fired oven, the floor of the oven must be at least 700-800 degrees.
2. Put the pizza together on a thin wooden peel covered with semolina.
3. Slide the pizza off the wooden peel onto the hot stone/floor using the aluminum peel to help push it off the wooden peel.
4. Use the aluminum peel to spin the pizza every now and then to get an even crust cook, especially if you are using a wood fired oven with the fire banked on the side.
5. Lift the pizza every now and then to check the bottom. When you see small black spots on the bottom crust it is done!

Best of luck Jimbo!
Thanks Jerry! We're going to try again tonight! :)

I guess I will have to stick to Dominos or Marcos, unless I spot one of you at a campground.😎🤗

Tonight I pulled all my new found info together and made another run at the quest for the perfect pizza. And while I'm not quite there just yet, I'm a whole lot closer than I was a few days ago. In the words of my favorite red-necked friend, this one is "Much More Better." lol

DSCN7371.JPG

The problem is the fruit you keep adding, pizza naturally rejects this affront and refuses to cooperate. As a native of NYC, I can guarantee that pizza sans fruit will come together for you;)

The problem is the fruit you keep adding, pizza naturally rejects this affront and refuses to cooperate. As a native of NYC, I can guarantee that pizza sans fruit will come together for you;)
Wondering what your boat(s) were. Mine, ssbn636 65/70

Wondering what your boat(s) were. Mine, ssbn636 65/70
Qualified in ex Gato (SSN615), did ex Silversides SSN 679; ex Skipjack SSN 585; and ex Minn-St Paul SSN 708. Retired in 93. A gang till fleeted up to COB on Skippy. COB on MSP for DS/ DS.

3BB94D16-30E8-45B2-8181-27BC67B30F7C.jpeg
76DEE71E-FD43-417D-A65D-7B8C9304B15E.jpeg
CA60FBED-0F71-47B4-B18C-E6D5327844C1.jpeg
Coastline Rv park Eastpoint Florida. Perfect homemade pizza tonight in our pizza pronto.

This happened tonight. . . :)

DSCN8907.JPG

DSCN8908.JPG

I was going to order a pizza delivered to my campsite on our last trip but some other things came up and it didn't work out.

Latest resources

Back