Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Please help leaking power steering fluid can figure out from where?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Tubing can be bought in bulk lengths. The fittings are standard inverted flare tubing nuts. They are pretty much a standard size.
Pull a line off and take it when you go to get parts so they can match them up
Sorry forgot to post an update, I finally got the power steering line made at a place that does hydro hoses recommended by Freightliner, cost 80 bucks, since part of it had to be welded, hooked it up no more PS leak, as for the cooler line no surprise as soon I drove a couple miles it started to leak again. I bought a flaring tool kit at Oreilly’s but I haven’t bought the tube bender, for some reason my brain didn’t process they are two different tools. I’m now on the beach 3 miles from the campground and I’ve been putting JB Water Weld on, it’s supposed to withstand the PSI and can take up to 300 F, do the lines get that hot? Last night as a temporary fix to not lose anymore fluid I put some JB Quick and some Water Weld over it. I haven’t tested it yet will have start it up soon though. I know I need a permanent fix, I also bought some heater hose and clamps and a tube cutter in case I might try to splice it till I can make my own lines , Thanks

trans lines can get that hot. But not too likely unless you are really working it,like a long grade or something.
Glad to hear you are getting it sorted out

trans lines can get that hot. But not too likely unless you are really working it,like a long grade or something.
Glad to hear you are getting it sorted out
I’m glad to say that the combo JB Kwik and Water Weld, held up we made it back to the campground with a tiny leak. The lines are definitely hot to the touch ouch, I was studying the lines and the one that is leaking is the one that connects to the upper radiator that’s going to be the challenging one, the other one from the trans cooler isn’t that much of a challenge. Well I have to move as quickly on it as possible as we are in storm season now and need to be ready to go in case of a bad storm. Thanks

Latest resources

Back