Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Griff

RVF Newbee
I’m looking to purchase a 2018 Forest River M.A.C 228D pop up that is in another state. The dealer initially said the camper looked to be in pristine condition, but after a closer look there were two small holes in the canvas In the back. He said he could order a patch kit and fix it and thought it would be fine. This is my first Pop up camper purchase and just wondered if this would be a deal breaker for some. He said they were very small and is sending pics. any thoughts or advice? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to RVF, @Griff; glad to have you here.

It it was me (and, admittedly, I'm pretty picky), I would first want to know how the holes got there. Is this a case of something rubbing when the pop-up is pulled in? If so, the problem will recur unless some corrective action is taken. If this was the previous owner's kids poking holes with a pocket knife, that's a different story.

In any case, on a 2018 unit, I would expect the canvas section to be replaced if it had any holes in it. And, I would want the corrective action taken to prevent a recurrence. Or, I would want a price reduction significant enough to pay for the canvas replacement and my trouble in getting the work done.

When buying any RV, the last thing you want to start out with is a known problem. There will be plenty of unknown problems that will pop up and keep you busy. ;)

TJ

I would want a reduction in price. I would then buy as is on the repair. I have never seen anything but slip shod work from dealers on used rigs. If I want slip shod I will do it myself.

If I want slip shod I will do it myself.
Wacky Races Lol GIF by Boomerang Official

TJ

Latest resources

Back