RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4118
RV Length
41'
TOW/TOAD
2018 JL Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
I have never had the push button start feature on a motorhome and was just wondering how it worked. With the key start you have time to let the engine warm up light go out before starting it. How does this work on the push button start?

FLSteve :unsure:

I have never had the push button start feature on a motorhome and was just wondering how it worked. With the key start you have time to let the engine warm up light go out before starting it. How does this work on the push button start?

FLSteve :unsure:
Are you talking diesel?
I installed push button start on my 1999 gas Dutch Star. Works great.

Yes … I meant to say diesel.

I'd assume it won't crank until it's ready. That's what my ram would do when I'd jump in it and try to crank immediately forgetting I got in the diesel truck instead of the gas truck.

A month or 2 after selling the ram I'll get in the gas silverado and turn the key and wait, forgetting I don't need to.

My ram has push button start with a cummins diesel. Today I pushed to start and the display said preheating engine and a countdown started. At zero it auto started.

When it's warmer, it just starts right away.

We have the push button start on ours. I used it once just to see if it worked. Call me old school but I just don't see the point. I have electronic trust issues. Been around it too long and seen too many failures.

We have the push button start on ours. I used it once just to see if it worked. Call me old school but I just don't see the point. I have electronic trust issues. Been around it too long and seen too many failures.
If you have push button start, then that is the only way to start the vehicle. The Push-to-Start system replaces a traditional key.

This is not the same as keyfob remote start.

Actually, there is a start button on the dash and a key switch. You have to have a fob in the driver proximity for it to work.

Actually, there is a start button on the dash and a key switch. You have to have a fob in the driver proximity for it to work.
This is something that must have been added after the fact. No NEWMAR coach comes from the factory that way. You might want to check the service history on your coach, as this is not right.

Latest resources

Back