• Commercial/Vendors welcome

How To Replace a summer loop pump in a ITR OASIS Hydronic heater

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I don't know if the Solar Pumps are inferior or not, but based on the unbelievable support these guys provide, I'm willing to spend the extra money for the ITR pump. If for no other reason than to support those who support me.
I don’t think ITR makes a living off of pumps but I just want my livelihood (hot water and heat) working properly. This has been the most high maintenance part of my coach.

I think in my case it's another case of "non use" for the scoreboard. Sitting in storage for extended periods seems to cause these things. I was thinking of winterizing when I get home as it will be in storage for a while but I think I'm going to instead pay the price of diesel and let the diesel burner run throughout the winter and keep furnace fans on a low set point. At least the system will keep fluids cycling. Yes, I can go monthly and cycle but I think it may be best to just leave the system on.

Your comment/question above leaves me wondering if shutdown/non-use contributes to more issues.
Except when it has been in service, our Oasis is never fully shutdown and outside of normal maintenance items and cleaning we have only had one issue, the overflow tank siphon tube disconnected.
Even during the summer months we use the burner for the continuous hot water.

What has the experience been for others? Is there a direct causation/link between lack of use and problems?

I'm convinced the more I use my coach the fewer things go bad. We were on a 92 day trip this summer moving every 2-7 days and the only issue I had was a broken drawer latch.

Jim, I'm glad you easily found your problem. I kept telling you the thermostat was the problem. :unsure:

Neal, is your issue due to a bad US SOLAR pump? I have a couple and would like to know. In addition I have one spare ITR pump.

Neal, I'll give you $5 for your US Solar pumps.

Neal, is your issue due to a bad US SOLAR pump? I have a couple and would like to know.
No, I do not have US SOLAR pumps in my OASIS. I have two as spares. I'm not exactly sure what my problem is but it may be a sticking check valve or one of the zone pumps. I replaced summer loop and zone 2, I don't know if I ever replaced zone 1. If it's not circulating then it can cause the problem I'm having. The burners won't come on if it senses the unit it up to temp but if the fluid doesn't circulate then you don't get hot water and this seems to be any of the pumps not circulating because apparently if the outside air temp is below 40 then the zone pumps take over hot water circulation. First I've heard of that, if anyone knows the real story please clarify and share.

We’ve had our coach for just over 6 years now. We’ve been full time for the past two years and 1/2 time for the previous 4 years. I had a summer loop pump that was intermittent and thus replaced. I had one heat zone pump making noises (bearings?) and I replaced it. No other issues. Both pumps replaced with US Solar pumps.

No, I do not have US SOLAR pumps in my OASIS. I have two as spares. I'm not exactly sure what my problem is but it may be a sticking check valve or one of the zone pumps. I replaced summer loop and zone 2, I don't know if I ever replaced zone 1. If it's not circulating then it can cause the problem I'm having. The burners won't come on if it senses the unit it up to temp but if the fluid doesn't circulate then you don't get hot water and this seems to be any of the pumps not circulating because apparently if the outside air temp is below 40 then the zone pumps take over hot water circulation. First I've heard of that, if anyone knows the real story please clarify and share.
Neal, please don't take offense at what I'm going to say because I'm trying to help.

I see you've worked on your Oasis system in the past. Whenever I have a problem, I always retrace what I did and there have been more instances than I care to admit that I caused a follow on problem.

When was the last time your Oasis system operated trouble free? What did you do to fix that? When did problems crop up after that first repair? Are your problems different than those that existed that caused your first repair attempt?

Hope you get this figured out to your satisfaction soon.(y)

Neal, please don't take offense at what I'm going to say because I'm trying to help.

I see you've worked on your Oasis system in the past. Whenever I have a problem, I always retrace what I did and there have been more instances than I care to admit that I caused a follow on problem.

When was the last time your Oasis system operated trouble free? What did you do to fix that? When did problems crop up after that first repair? Are your problems different than those that existed that caused your first repair attempt?

Hope you get this figured out to your satisfaction soon.(y)
No offense taken. My OASIS system was plagued with wire shorting issues which is/was a known problem from Newmar stuffing 2 x romex bundles into a too small of a metal square opening (sharp edges) ITR designed for the top of the system for the electrical feed. Wire insulation was removed and thus shorts caused. This caused a domino effect as I fixed the bad wires but later found the short traveled further down the path so that had to be fixed. Later a relay had a contact become disconnected, cheap plastic nonsense, maybe in the above process so that got fixed. Then I had another short signaled by my Nest/Google smoke detector which is where another wire connection corroded at an electric element attach point, so I had to cut and put a new connector on and fix that issue. Other than that I did the routine service kits which have not caused any issues. The time simply came that pumps were failing, I know I replaced zone 2 and summer, not sure about zone 1, probably did that one too. The pumps lasted a good 5-6 years so I'm happy with that. Then last year was the first long term storage event with 8 months of non use other than exercising but probably not enough exercising. I don't winterize so OASIS remained on even in storage and will do the same for storage that starts this week.

Latest resources

Back