• Commercial/Vendors welcome

How To Replace a summer loop pump in a ITR OASIS Hydronic heater

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not always. When mine went bad it just simply stopped pumping and no fuses were blown. I guess these pumps go bad for a variety of reasons, sadly.
I've replaced the "hot water loop pump" twice and it never had a blown fuse either.

What about this theory? Maybe the pump really doesn't go out unless a fuse has blown and during the replacement we bump, move, etc the check valve enough to make it start working again. We may be replacing pumps that are actually still good. Wouldn't that be a kick in the head?

What about this theory? Maybe the pump really doesn't go out unless a fuse has blown and during the replacement we bump, move, etc the check valve enough to make it start working again. We may be replacing pumps that are actually still good. Wouldn't that be a kick in the head?
is there an “unlike” button? A kick in the head indeed. Guess it would be good to rap on the check valves first.

Last edited:
I have a personal rule.
Any time I have a problem, I always go back to the last thing I touched or fixed. Saved me a few times. We all have those opps moments.

Tested that theory, blew a new fuse.

Handy tools for such projects
Amazon product ASIN B0002NYB78
Haven't read all of these posts, but hypothesis is that the pump runs lots of hours. I assume the motors aren't brushless...so the brushes are a wear item. When they wear out, they get progressively worse conductivity to the armature. Which then causes more amperage draw ultimately burning out the fuse.
Does that map to the symptoms?

Edit "
  • Highly efficient ECM three-phase brushless DC motor"
Ok, scratch that....

Handy tools for such projects
Amazon product ASIN B0002NYB78
Haven't read all of these posts, but hypothesis is that the pump runs lots of hours. I assume the motors aren't brushless...so the brushes are a wear item. When they wear out, they get progressively worse conductivity to the armature. Which then causes more amperage draw ultimately burning out the fuse.
Does that map to the symptoms?

Edit "
  • Highly efficient ECM three-phase brushless DC motor"
Ok, scratch that....
Another tool I need to add to the tool box!!(y)

Have always used needle nose vice grips but these clamps are much nicer with the radiused edges which will put much less localized stress on the hose that could cause a weak spot prone to failing.

Thanks

Another tool I need to add to the tool box!!(y)

Have always used needle nose vice grips but these clamps are much nicer with the radiused edges which will put much less localized stress on the hose that could cause a weak spot prone to failing.

Thanks
I see Neal uses locking long nose plier type. Probably faster to use. I use these hose pinchers for winterzing jet skis, fuel projects, etc.

Annnnnnnnnd here we go again. I go to give Elli her 7:30 treat at 7:00 with the half hour time change incrementalization therapy and out of the corner of my eye something tells me, well, I looked left and this!

IMG_5477.JPG
Haven't we had enough fun today? And of course just when I want to go figure out what's going on someone has to go out. After getting her back I grab my flashlight, needle nose (aka leatherman), and fuse set. It's the summer loop!!! And yeah, no hot water. I pulled the bottom fuse, which I think is summer loop, not blown. I pull the one above it, not blown. I did "think" the summer loop fuse was not seated very well but anyways I swapped those two fuses and voila, no zone fault. All zones on (furnace zone 1, zone 2) and hot water works again. I may have cheated pump death this time. And I'm guessing Newmar parts may have spare pumps if needed even though I have one left, somewhere!

At least I'm at a place where I'm sure I could do a trade-in on the spot!

Latest resources

Back