Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
From page 11 of the ITR troubleshooting manual:

Domestic Hot Water
The call for domestic Hot water is automatic. There is a temperature sensor mounted on the domestic water inlet pipe to the heat exchanger. Once the hot water tap is opened, the domestic water will begin circulating through this heat exchanger. Once the inlet pipe cools below a pre determined temperature range, the distribution module zone board will respond to a call for domestic hot water, as long as it detects that heat is available inside of the Oasis Heating Module. In this situation, the distribution module zone board will turn on the summer pump and will circulate hot coolant through a small loop (summer loop) that goes through the heat exchanger and back to the Oasis. This will allow a constant supply of hot water, whenever the domestic hot water is used.

if I read this correctly, the zone board turns on the summer loop pump only when the domestic water supply temp drops a certain amount thus giving a constant supply of hot water when called for. It does NOT run continuously.

That is a good idea, however, there is the counter to that when things stop they gum up, corrode, who knows and don't come back on. It's like we hear....lightbulbs don't die when on, it's the turning on and off that kills them.
Hmm 9 out of ten of my marker lights. Not using Newmar’s anymore.

Had a good presentation by ITR (OASIS) at the Newmar Hoots rally. A few items of note:
  1. I'm not sure why they call it the summer loop, it is the "hot water" loop. Zone 1 is the forward heating pump, Zone 2 is the aft heating pump, summer loop is for hot water and we should never call it summer loop again and stop enabling this stupidity. ITR - please rename this!
  2. I asked the question brought up above about turning off the OASIS at the unit in the basement when in storage. Not necessary, when you turn it off at the panel (AC I/II and burner) then that is all that is needed for storage. Pumps won't run unless there is a need.
  3. It may not always be a pump but if you're not getting hot water for example, open the unit with the pumps and in the upper section are check valves, hit them gently with something to cause them to open if they are yucked up. He actually fixed one here that had this very issue. I've never heard of this situation, interesting. Typically a bad pump is associated by a blown fuse so if something is not working and no fuses are blown, try the above.
  4. Run your burner to exercise it and don't let it go for extended periods without use. O-rings, etc.
  5. You can delay service intervals but should keep a service kit on board if you need something such as an igniter or something when it goes bad.
  6. No difference in the orange vs. yellow heater fluid other than the dye they use to color it.
Here is a quick link to the ITR resources on THIS site.

US solar pumps out of stock! Thanks y'all :(

Well, if you need to order a pump now you could go here.

Naaah, thanks, I have one more. Was going to hoard some more. I think I may know what my issue is...we'll see how things go tomorrow. Not a pump issue.

I think I may know what my issue is...we'll see how things go tomorrow. Not a pump issue.
Hang on Trigger! What are you surmising the issue being?

I think the issue going on with my system of late is probably a bad summer loop pump that I replaced two weeks ago. Not touching anything for now but continuing to figure out what's going on with my intermittent hot water. I have another spare I may try if this keeps up. I put in a call to ITR yesterday 3:30 PM their time and have yet to hear back from my voicemail requesting help troubleshooting.

I'm not sure why they call it the summer loop, it is the "hot water" loop. Zone 1 is the forward heating pump, Zone 2 is the aft heating pump, summer loop is for hot water and we should never call it summer loop again and stop enabling this stupidity.
O man of exactness, according to your prior post you are perpetuating stupidity. Now, even after chastising you for not following your on rule, it sounds more like a sticking check valve. Is it doing the same thing it was doing before you replaced the "hot water loop" pump?

Latest resources

Back