Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

bobnjill410

RVF Regular
I would like to replace the strip between the slide and the floor on my 2016 DSDP 4369. Has anyone experienced this venture. Ours is starting to concave a bit and is actually starting to break. Looking for guidance on this project. ( this is the large slide on the drivers side. )
bobnjill410

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 36
I have the same coach. Here is a pic of the new seal. The yellow strip has adhesive under it. The short end of the "T" has a small bulb that slips in a track. Have not installed mine but I will be sure to check the track to make sure it is not crushed and that it is clean. If it gets difficult I will spray the track with silicone. The ends are cut at a 45 miter.
Mine is not as concaved as yours. Wonder if the slide or the track are adjustable? Is your slide level with your floor?

Attachments

• 20210121_215011.jpg
    20210121_215011.jpg
    667.5 KB · Views: 18
Webz, Thanks for your reply. Yes the slide is adjustable and yes my slide is level to the floor when extended. I did order a new strip from Newmar parts, which I was reasonably surprised with the reasonable priced strip. As I see this job, the toughest part will possibly be the removal of the adhesive from old strip.
I also will keep you up to date on my progress

In case you are not aware, the wood trim on the bottom of the slide where the seal stops is simply held on by magnets. Just pop it off to get the old seal out and new seal in.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back