Engine
6CTA 8.3L Cummins.
TOW/TOAD
2008 Jeep GC Overland
Fulltimer
No
@DHudson thanks for the video link. Here is a pic of my front end
Driver door_1200x900.jpg

I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking closely at the bezel ring and around it. I figured it was all done from behind and believe me, it's foam city behind the headlights - I'll take a pic.
I have long screw drivers, just hate to chip the paint.

here are the location of the screws, nuts and retainers you are looking for. 3 retainers where you see the black "nut". @ nuts, 1 screw. Plus screw that holds top inner bezel in place (on mine anyway).
1631583789857.jpeg

Here is what the retainers look like.
1631583872391.png

Here is where there is access to the bezel screw on mine (each side) One was where my hood prop rod goes. Other side has a plug I had to remove.

Hope this helps.

1631584235585.jpeg

Wow, thanks for the info and the time it took to deliver it. I only want to replace the headlight portion, so it this a "from the outside" only effort or both out and in? I'll look behind the housing soon.

Wow, thanks for the info and the time it took to deliver it. I only want to replace the headlight portion, so it this a "from the outside" only effort or both out and in? I'll look behind the housing soon.
You should be able to remove the headlight without taking the rest of it off. Just remove those 3 weird looking clips and it should come out, "unless" the adjusting rod doesn't allow it to slide straight out. The you will have to remove the whole thing. I removed the bezel, park, s/marker light as a assembly 1st, than the headlight. Install headlight 1st, then the bezel, etc last. IF the adjusting rod (laying on top of the parking light in the picture. It installs straight up) doesn't get in the way, I believe the headlight will come out by it's self.

OK, I'll take a look, thanks.

I know this thread is 3 yrs old now but I’m just wondering where you got the new headlights from. Mine is a 2000 and the aftermarket ones they offer online do not look the same. They’re not even the same shape. Trying to find anything new that will fit.

Latest resources

Back