• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Problem Round 2. ding ding

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That looks the same, but the part number has an "A" before the last 3 numbers and the one I need according to Newmar has an "E". I haven't had much time searching the difference yet, but I'm checking tonight. If it would work, it's about a third the price from Newmar. Thanks!
Do you Amazon search for "Newmar Slide Motors" there several different styles. I needed the switch from the macerator toilet and Newmar wanted 350.00 and found it at Boat Supply Company for 135.00.

How does a switch cost $350? Does it generate it own electricity?

I was wrong it wasn't 350.00 dollars it was 391.00.
Switch-1.jpg
Invoice Switch - 2.jpg

If you had a Newmar, you could see how it could cost 350.00 Their prices are pretty high on parts.

Well, after careful thought, and knowing this thing would break on a holiday weekend somewhere near the middle of nowhere, I caved and ordered a new motor/gear from Newmar. My repair is holding fine, but since we plan on doing this RV thing for the foreseeable future, I figured I'd throw a little more money at it.

I think that's the right decision. It's the cost of this "hobby" and the joy you'll have not worrying about this inspecting every 12 days will be worth it :)

I think that's the right decision. It's the cost of this "hobby" and the joy you'll have not worrying about this inspecting every 12 days will be worth it :)
So true. I did install the Stage 8 system and will transfer to the new unit. I think that should take it off the worry list.

Newmar have outrageous prices. You have to go around Newmar and buy direct from the manufacturer. Hell I have found it cheaper to buy from the dealerships in some instances.

So my main pump relay went out in a snowstorm and I couldn’t get the coach to move. Took about two hours to figure out how to bypass it (jumper cable) once I gave up on Coach-Net who couldn’t come on a Sunday in St. Louis and on Monday they didn’t have anybody until 4 o’clock, then I went to the nearest dealer and ordered one (they were out of them - “ lots of failures ever since HWH went to the bigger pump” (that draws more than 200 Amps). it was $116. then when I got it at the house I looked up the number on the side of it on Amazon and I bought one for about $30 so now I figure the two of them cost me about $75 each so that feels like a deal 😊. And I have a spare! we’re insane for this hobby anyway so we might as well enjoy it although I do wake up at night really questioning my sanity

Latest resources

Back