• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Rumble in the middle of the night

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I stayed in Texas for over 7 weeks last Sept/Oct. We were in a Grande Design Imagine . One AC unit would never shut off the entire day. I think it might be a challenge but who knows?

Thanks for the feedback. I do have the Microair. Haven’t installed it yet. I’ve been trying to balance out electricity and propane, but what a pain it has been using a 1500w space heater. It either has to be on the same circuit as my dehumidifier or Keurig Mini. If I turn one of those on without killing the space heater first, pop goes the circuit breaker. Somehow I had 2 air conditioners, a fan, and dehumidifier running simultaneously during the summer though. This sure takes some getting used to.
20 amp circuit is 2300 watts my electric espresso maker draws 1200 watts. If I tried to use a 1500 watt heater it would pop the braker at 2700 watts,. 15 amp circuit is 1725 watts.

If you have 30 amp service that is 3450 watts.

You are describing what separates those that can adjust to this life, from those that walk away!!! I you make it to your 1 year anniversary, chances are you have found the joy in this lifestyle!!!

20 amp circuit is 2300 watts my electric espresso maker draws 1200 watts. If I tried to use a 1500 watt heater it would pop the braker at 2700 watts,. 15 amp circuit is 1725 watts.

If you have 30 amp service that is 3450 watts.

You are describing what separates those that can adjust to this life, from those that walk away!!! I you make it to your 1 year anniversary, chances are you have found the joy in this lifestyle!!!
I have 50 amp service on a dedicated 20 amp breaker in the garage. If I am running my 1500w space heater and forget to turn it off when I turn on the 1470w Keurig, my TT’s converter breaker trips and half of my outlets go. I have to reset the converter breaker and the GFCI to get the outlets back. Am I correct in thinking that one 120v leg is providing power to half of my outlets and the second 120v leg provides power to the other half? That’s 6,000w per leg, yet somehow I can’t run just under 3,000 watts on one leg. I wonder what I am missing here… and how my rumble post has turned into power consumption talk :) I’m going to have to start complaining about my refrigerator noises next haha

I stayed in Texas for over 7 weeks last Sept/Oct. We were in a Grande Design Imagine . One AC unit would never shut off the entire day. I think it might be a challenge but who knows?
it is possible, but once again I am not in the trailer during the day, and I would have the AC shut off and only the maxxair fans running, that is what I did this past summer prior to living in the trailer, it was parked in a relative's yard and I was setting up the solar and ecoflow units and testing them prior to moving in, July/August/Sept in Southern California, maxxair (times 3) on low all day kept the trailer at 82° the majority of the day, even when outside temps were >90°

I have a yolink alarm and water sensor system on the trailer that included a thermometer. so I use the app to see the internal temps, and it notifies me if there is water leaking any place I have the water sensors set, I have several around the trailer, under the kitchen and bath sinks, at the entry point where the water lines come in, behind the toilet, etc.

trailer is parked in the shade, solar is portable and set out in the sun all day and the exhaust fans are running with vents open circulating the air, bathroom on intake and living room and bedroom on exhaust.

time will tell, but I think I will be ok.

based on things that have occurred in the past 2 weeks, I might be back into a home by summer as well, here is hoping.

Last edited:
A typical 20 amp breaker (on a GFCI?) is only 1 hot leg at 20 amp.
A 50 amp service is 2 hot legs at 50 amp each.
If you have a 20 amp circuit feeding a 50 amp RV outlet, I would assume you are only feeding 20 amp to 1 leg. If that 20 amp was split to feed both legs…
If I followed your description correctly, you don’t have enough power going to the 50a RV outlet.

A typical 20 amp breaker (on a GFCI?) is only 1 hot leg at 20 amp.
A 50 amp service is 2 hot legs at 50 amp each.
If you have a 20 amp circuit feeding a 50 amp RV outlet, I would assume you are only feeding 20 amp to 1 leg. If that 20 amp was split to feed both legs…
If I followed your description correctly, you don’t have enough power going to the 50a RV outlet.
But! Then again he may have a 20 amp 220 circuit! A lot left unanswered!

Latest resources

Back