• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Rumble in the middle of the night

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
oh tell me about it, I ran my Keurig and microwave at the same time last night and popped the breaker, done it before and it hasn't done that.

I don't have the option to run the electric heater for any length of time, as I am on solar and batteries only so I am using 1 propane tank about every 10 days right now, at $25 a pop. so about $100 a month just for heat.

Been in this "RV lifestyle" full time for almost 3 months and I'm tired of it. Fine for a few weeks, doing this for the next 2-3 years is going to drive me insane.
I learned very quickly that the 2 supplied 30lb LP tanks weren’t going to cut it. I decided to get a 100lb tank from an energy company. I’ve already found that it will be much cheaper to up it to a 200lb. so I can get a refill every 6-7 weeks at a lower propane rate than every 3 weeks. Not sure if you can have that size tank on the property, but it’s something to consider. I’m about 4 months in and it has been a tough transition, but I think it will be great once the kinks are worked out. You’re brave for doing this all on solar while still holding onto the usual household amenities. Hopefully, you’ll find a way to hook up to shore power. While it’s great to have access to knowledge from the pros, we noobs need to connect too. Are you on any of the socials?

I learned very quickly that the 2 supplied 30lb LP tanks weren’t going to cut it. I decided to get a 100lb tank from an energy company. I’ve already found that it will be much cheaper to up it to a 200lb. so I can get a refill every 6-7 weeks at a lower propane rate than every 3 weeks. Not sure if you can have that size tank on the property, but it’s something to consider. I’m about 4 months in and it has been a tough transition, but I think it will be great once the kinks are worked out. You’re brave for doing this all on solar while still holding onto the usual household amenities. Hopefully, you’ll find a way to hook up to shore power. While it’s great to have access to knowledge from the pros, we noobs need to connect too. Are you on any of the socials?
only social is this one.

the solar/eco-flows are working fine, I don't really use a lot of power, not home 12+ hours a day now. 12v led lights don't use much, the biggest user is the microwave and/or air fryer. and that's maybe 10-15 minutes max.

the ecoflow batteries are lasting 12-14 hours full to dead, and they really never get below 20% unless I use the "fireplace", and fully recharge during the day (socal, so not very overcast or rainy here).

the 2 - 30lb tanks are working for me for now. as I said I use one every 10 days or so. 100lbs is not an option, I would have no way to transport it to fill it and the relatives I am staying with are not hot on the trainer being there in the first place, it was a big fight to get a permanent waterline to the house, not pushing the issue. I need this place for my dogs, most parks around here will not allow more than one dog over 35lbs. I have 2 that are 65lbs each.

Maybe I missed it early on, but what are you using for 120v supply? Not Batteries and an inverter?

Well.....either one of you...lol. It would appear you both have 30 amp plugs.

Well.....either one of you...lol. It would appear you both have 30 amp plugs.

I use an Ecoflow Delta Pro with a second battery, 7.2 kWh of AC power, basically it is a lithium generator with 4- 400watt solar panels to charge it. has a 30amp port right on the front, that plugs directly into the Travel Trailer.

How long will it run an AC unit? And how many btu's are the AC unit(s)?

3600 watts is exactly what a 30 amp plug in is. It is a matter of how long it can provide it.

Ok, I went to the site and looked at it. It is an all in one package rather then a standalone solar/inverter/lithium setup. I can see it working if one limits what is being used. You have 1600 watts of panels but rarely do you get that if ever. I believe it stated 2.7 hours to charge on a plug in ac circuit. May I ask how it is working and what is your use/needs?

How long will it run an AC unit? And how many btu's are the AC unit(s)?
with the second battery I can run the HVAC for ~4 hours constant, 13.5K BTU HVAC

@ 7.2 kWh with the furnace set at 68° and AC set at 80° the batteries last 12-14 hours, this includes using the microwave for a few minutes per day, and refer running on 12v all day and the lights (12v) for 3-4 hours a night. and 2 maxxair (12v) vents running on low all day.

it is working for me now, not sure how it will perform during the summer, but since October, it that is what I am seeing.

doubt it will be much different, not home from 7am until 7-8pm so the HVAC will only run when I am there and opening the windows and doors airs out the trailer pretty quickly.

also I upgraded to the 2,400 watt solar kit, so I get a bit more generation.

on a typical day the Ecoflow drains from 100% to 40% between the hours of 5pm and 7am (night time) and is usually fully charged between 7am and 5pm

Latest resources

Back