• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV Parks Occupancy

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
At another look, I am associated with firearms industry. I participate in Gun Shows in the Northeast PA area. Near Philly and other venues. Over the past year the attendance has taken a big hit in shows. In the past you could get between 20 and 30K people in attendance at a big GS. Not no more. Add to this inflation, the gate is now $15 a person to get in. The cost of a soft economy, rising prices for rental tables, and hotel accommodations is really putting a slow down on the vendors.

Naturally there are other extenuating circumstances, but less vendors, less customers, less shows, less firearm sales period.

HH

I participate in Gun Shows in the Northeast PA area. Near Philly and other venues.
HH
Not that this has anything to do with the price of tea in China, but I got a FN PS90 for my birthday a few days ago. (Birthday is 8/30/1952. Anyone interested can message me for address. I accept large envelopes full of small denomination cash.")

Came with 2-50 round magazines and an "OK" red dot sight. Not that I see many with the finger strength to shove 50 rounds into the mag. I've stopped at about 35-40, just not worth the effort to fight that spring. :)

But it's a lot of fun to shoot and a quick way to burn through a couple hundred dollars worth of ammo in a short amount of time!

Not that this has anything to do with the price of tea in China, but I got a FN PS90 for my birthday a few days ago. (Birthday is 8/30/1952. Anyone interested can message me for address. I accept large envelopes full of small denomination cash.")

Came with 2-50 round magazines and an "OK" red dot sight. Not that I see many with the finger strength to shove 50 rounds into the mag. I've stopped at about 35-40, just not worth the effort to fight that spring. :)

But it's a lot of fun to shoot and a quick way to burn through a couple hundred dollars worth of ammo in a short amount of time!
Hi Jim and happy birthday...!!!!!! It seems we were both born in 1952...LOL a very good year. That PS90 is a very serious weapon, it shoots the 5.7 X 28 round, a very fast deadly lil sucker. I used to love to watch Stargate Atlantis, the PS90 was the weapon of choice they used on the show.

They have a bunch of different reloading gizmos out. I know they are available for the 5.56 30 round mags, and the 9mm high capacity mags, but don't know if they have them for the 5.7 X 28 round. FN produced the first 5.7 in a pistol, then Ruger, and now S&W. It is a hell of a round. Shoot a grapefruit or cantaloupe with it and watch it disintegrate.

Have fun and shoot straight......HH

As we are heading to Seattle for a marathon rally in September I am encountering no availability at parks in Washington and Oregon even during the week which is surprising. I decided to wing it and call a week ahead and each one has zero openings. The hunt continues.

That area of the country (OR and WA) seems to have a shortage of campgrounds, particularly campgrounds that accommodate the big rigs.
We were in OR and WA this spring for a couple months and most campgrounds that were able to accommodate our big rig were full with no flexibility to extend our stay.
There was some flexibility for campgrounds that had smaller sites accommodating 30’ or shorter units.
But once we started moving across the country and left those 2 states, accommodations for big rigs were much easier to find. Especially here in the summer months.
The other area which we want to visit that seems to continue to be full for big rigs is Canada, particularly up near Jasper or Banff.

Currently at an Oregon state park on the coast. While walking the dog at 5:30 this morning, I counted 4 empty sites within our loop with reserved tags from yesterday, including the site next to me. Later, when I asked a ranger about the empty sites, she said the park is obligated to hold the site open because someone had paid for it.

Actually, Oregon has a very large amount of campgrounds, along with excellent repair shops around the Coburg/Junction City area. The issue is that summer, and fall have decent weather, the rest of the year has a lot of rain, and gloom along the picturesque coast. Judy D

@J&JD is right. The weather drives everything in Oregon. I should have also mentioned Oregon has a lot of fires burning. Air quality can be bad and my DW has respiratory issues so we have to choose wisely.

1693280533995.png

coming across NY/OH & IN this week from Maine, every CG we stopped at had vacancy's, in fact the KOA's in OH and IN were wide open, many open sites, they all sent me the text "extend your stay and save 50%" Haven't seen that in a long time

Latest resources

Back