• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV Parks Occupancy

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We've been traveling for a week and not one park has been full.

But they are still crazy expensive!

Yes and I do not think we will see a drop in price. I am still making reservations. Coming home in April from AZ we had no reservations and did fine. Some stays were Harvest Host.

We’re half way thru our 7 months of summer travel driving clockwise around the perimeter of the country. We’ve made it from SWFL to San Diego to Seattle and just left Glacier yesterday heading east.

The only campground that I’ve tried to book that I couldn’t was the KOA West Glacier Resort. When I tried to book it a few months ago, it was booked for the whole season.

The bigger challenge has been finding quality campgrounds where they aren’t just packing you in and full of seasonals. We typically drive about 4 hours and then stay for 3-4 days. We stay longer when we’re visiting folks in the area. Our ideal campground is a COE, but unfortunately they typically don’t have FHU.

I did take notice of the not so full campgrounds and how it has made our travels much easier this year. We typically only book 1-2 weeks out unless it’s a place that we need to be at on certain dates. In the past we fretted the weekends as it was often hard to get a site. Not so much this year. Of course, I still have another 3.5 months to go. Pretty much ending our travels at Jim’s place before he closes and then back to SWFL for the winter.

Indianapolis KOA end of July 2024. Large CG, nice amenities, great Wi-Fi, good location for retail and things to do. I've been here several times, it's a good transient stop for me to/from Newmar, Oshkosh, etc. It's a little pricey but I've never seen it this empty. It's a large CG with different sections, the more expensive section is a bit more full. I'd venture to say overall it's at 30% capacity. School is out, it's summer vacation time. Not sure what's going on.

IMG_6395.JPG

We have been going to The Villages at the Turning Stone in New York for 20+ years and we have a preferred section that we like to stay in (there are 7 sections). In our preferred section part of the enjoyment for me was to look at all of the big beautiful diesel pushers coming in and out. We just returned from our annual week and noticed that there were far more trucks and trailers then there were diesel pushers and in the past you would not see a single truck and trailer set up in this particular section. I believe most are buying trucks that they use as daily drivers and the trailers to camp in.

This should reflect prices of diesel pushers but it seems prices are still on the crazy side.

We have been going to The Villages at the Turning Stone in New York for 20+ years and we have a preferred section that we like to stay in (there are 7 sections). In our preferred section part of the enjoyment for me was to look at all of the big beautiful diesel pushers coming in and out. We just returned from our annual week and noticed that there were far more trucks and trailers then there were diesel pushers and in the past you would not see a single truck and trailer set up in this particular section. I believe most are buying trucks that they use as daily drivers and the trailers to camp in.

This should reflect prices of diesel pushers but it seems prices are still on the crazy side.
What would change occupancy more than anything is when fuel stamps start being issued! Trucks & trailers are a reflection of the current price of admission I spose! With speculations of $300 a barrel oil, the price of diesel will open up a bunch of spaces, and drop the price of RVs.

. . . the price of diesel will open up a bunch of spaces, and drop the price of RVs.
Yes, to a degree. However, from what I’ve observed, the larger rigs don’t seem to be significantly impacted by the cost of diesel. I suspect that those who can afford to purchase and maintain them don’t view fuel costs as a major deterrent to their lifestyle.

Yes, to a degree. However, from what I’ve observed, the larger rigs don’t seem to be significantly impacted by the cost of diesel. I suspect that those who can afford to purchase and maintain them don’t view fuel costs as a major deterrent to their lifestyle.
Of course @Jim !
I can remember $.29 gas and $15000 houses! I remember what $.50 gas and stations running out of gas did to the RV/ BOAT, and everything else industries! As I recall, Winnibago wound up under the Midas umbrella, and everybody's brother had a MH in the back yard rotting away so they could afford to buy alternative meat hot dogs.

But of course your right!!! No one with a high end Newmar, is trying to find savings by using fueling membership's!!! Or complaining about higher prices for the RV [S]parking lots [/S]resorts!!!

don't blame anybody here we didn't stop our oil production!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back