• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alert RVing and Protestors

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Im completely aware of the medias sensationalism on just about everything these days. At the same token, I have a condo in downtown Chicago, and know police officers that had M80s thrown at them trying to protect the city last week. There is definitely serious unrest and lawlessness in so many places that is very, very real.

I guess it really comes down to knowing your route which is a a whole new concept for us. All I can do is keep reading and researching how to nail this all down. We’ll get there. I have found so many amazing resources here already.

I’m sure living in Chicago can give one a unique perspective on the matter. It IS a big country though, and for now I feel it’s still safe enough to venture out as long as one remains situationally aware.

Im completely aware of the medias sensationalism on just about everything these days. At the same token, I have a condo in downtown Chicago, and know police officers that had M80s thrown at them trying to protect the city last week. There is definitely serious unrest and lawlessness in so many places that is very, very real.

Franni614, we are down in central Illinois currently, not the Chicago area. I am a retired ISP Trooper and have a question for you. Have you observed any State Troopers assisting in Chicago with the protests? We have been watching some of the local coverage in the past month and we are not seeing any, just Chicago officers with little or no riot gear.

ISP trains ALL of their Troopers in riot control. They are known around the country as some of the best trained and equipped to handle these types of situations. Each and every Troopers is issued complete riot protective gear upon leaving the academy. Upon being activated there could be well over 1,000 Troopers in the city of Chicago within 3 hours (they all carry this riot gear in their trunks). They have methods of identifying/removing/arresting instigators during an active riot that I won't reveal here.

Illinois Governor Pritzker is the top dog who controls what the Illinois State Police does. If none of the 1,600 Illinois State Police Troopers are in the city of Chicago assisting with the unrest then it is because he has ordered them out. Anyone who lives or visits Chicago should seriously ask themselves why the Governor or the mayor would want such a thing.

Franni614, we are down in central Illinois currently, not the Chicago area. I am a retired ISP Trooper and have a question for you. Have you observed any State Troopers assisting in Chicago with the protests? We have been watching some of the local coverage in the past month and we are not seeing any, just Chicago officers with little or no riot gear.

ISP trains ALL of their Troopers in riot control. They are known around the country as some of the best trained and equipped to handle these types of situations. Each and every Troopers is issued complete riot protective gear upon leaving the academy. Upon being activated there could be well over 1,000 Troopers in the city of Chicago within 3 hours (they all carry this riot gear in their trunks). They have methods of identifying/removing/arresting instigators during an active riot that I won't reveal here.

Illinois Governor Pritzker is the top dog who controls what the Illinois State Police does. If none of the 1,600 Illinois State Police Troopers are in the city of Chicago assisting with the unrest then it is because he has ordered them out. Anyone who lives or visits Chicago should seriously ask themselves why the Governor or the mayor would want such a thing.

I honestly don’t know the answer to your first question. I havent been back to Chicago since March.....and to answer your second question.....the reason we havent been back to Chicago since March LOL!!!! Worst state ever. Thanks for your service, enjoy your retirement!!

It is the worse State ever, no one could argue that. If most of our family didn't still live here we would never come back for visits.

And what do you have against their favorite peace maker, Molotov cocktails ?

Minneapolis, plagued by violent crime, wants victims to cooperate with criminals, surrender property

It makes sence?

Minneapolis, plagued by violent crime, wants victims to cooperate with criminals, surrender property
Are you referencing a news article or public policy of some sort? Just curious. I love reading that stuff bc I am weird political junkie.

Latest resources

Back