• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alert RVing and Protestors

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Neal You are correct. I should have not used the term “protestors” as they were doing more than protesting. I removed the word from my post.

No need to edit your post, it's nothing against you, it's the way it is right now.

There is a significant and loosely connected underground anarchist movement in our nation. They take every opportunity to turn legitimate public gatherings into wanton violence. I am unsure what their end game is since true anarchy is dangerous to everyone, including anarchists. Most of these people are societal misfits who feel they have nothing to lose by sticking it to those who they perceive have more than they do. Pretty sad way to live.

TJ

That’s pretty crazy. Kudos to the driver for keeping his cool and not escalating the situation.

Truck driver warns protesters who threaten, block truckers: 'You will move, or you will die'
Truck driver warns protesters who threaten, block truckers: 'You will move, or you will die'

Unfortunately that doesn't work, those that have plowed through have been arrested, unfortunately. Even with no one hurt. Sad times when the rioters are protected and the innocent are not.

When will the time come for the civilian population to counter the rioters? The police allow it, who is to "police" the crimes these days?

this thread is getting a little out of hand if you ask me (i know, no one asked you John)

Moral is be aware, be safe, avoid conflict, RV's are not excluded. Don't get yourself into a dangerous situation. As I stated before, if needed, drive around cities even if it adds hours to your route. Be smart!

We are getting ready to travel from Kansas to Willis TX and staying in the Thousand Trails. What do you do if you get caught on the road or rest stop and that happens?

If it was me I'd say stay in the coach with doors and basements locked, shades down, and call 911. I would make sure you have access to any self defense you may carry in the "slides in" configuration. i.e. I keep one "thing" under my bed, that won't be the case right now. I do have another "thing" in a cabinet forward of the bed. Just be prepared is my advice. Avoid confrontation, remember you have insurance, let whatever happens happen as long as you and your other passengers are safe. The RV is a "thing" and it can be fixed or replaced. Loss of lives or prison sentences are not a desired end result of anyone in your RV.

Latest resources

Back