Chassis
Sparten
Engine
450 cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I've been running into sewer connections with no threads lately, I looked at sewer buddy, but it will only work on above ground connections, some are ground level, I found these "saddle bags" to hold the hose in place
saddle.jpg

I've used weighted sewer bags for decades. But I kinda make my own. My first ones were zipped bank money bags (a heavy vinyl) that I had gotten from my bank. They were no longer being used. So I put some clean white sand in a zip seal freezer bag and slipped it into the money bag and zipped it closed. The sand was free since I got it from my Dad's stash of sand he used in his tile setting business. They were eventually stolen while we were in a campground.

The next time I made weighted sewer bags, I used a heavy poly type zippered canvas bag. It was about the same size as the money bags but I bought them at Walmart (I tend to find them on clip strips) and they were called "zippered utility bags". I find that a little clean sand or tiny polished stones/glass "pebbles" (used as base filler in flower arrangements - found in the crafty section or Walmart or DollarTree) works great but I do have to pour the medium into a zip seal freezer bag first.

I have to make them every so often because they tend to disappear... in pairs. I tend to make them two at a time. I have to make another pair before we go camping someplace that will involve hooking up to the sewer. I like the poly canvas fabric bags better than the heavy vinyl. I think the canvas ones are more flexible but the vinyl ones wipe clean easier. Both will last for years if taken care of and not left outside 24/7. Although I did leave a pair outside 24/7 for over a year with no sun damage (GA). And then we went to a campground in FL.... two nights and they were gone in the morning. People will steal the oddest things. But they are cheap and fast to make. Just darned inconvenient when someone steals the bags. And they may be cheapish things but it is still stealing.

I'm going to zip ty it to the hose

Hate to promote this company, but this is what I have been using for years;
Sewer Weights
Reviews posted on the companies website are just so useless. Every review posted gives them a positive reference. Maybe throw in a disgruntled customer somewhere along the line to make it look real ! lol

I use the sewer saddle bags all the time. I bought them at a Tiffin Rally. They even filled them with sand for us.....LOL These are the yellow saddle bags.
HH

I’ve been using the sewer saddlebags for at least 6 years. Well built and they provide the best defense against hose separation from the drain pipe. Also, they work well holding the base of the tripod for the Starlink. Veteran owned !

Reviews posted on the companies website are just so useless. Every review posted gives them a positive reference. Maybe throw in a disgruntled customer somewhere along the line to make it look real ! lol
I like them and have used them for years. They douthe job, almost no wear or tear. They have been a solid product for me. Noother reviews nedded.😂

I like them and have used them for years. They douthe job, almost no wear or tear. They have been a solid product for me. Noother reviews nedded.😂
lol, I wasn't referring to the quality of the product, I was referring to the referrals listed on their website.

When making a referral, there is apparently a place to say whether or not you would refer a friend to Camping World, and in every single review it says "yes". But we all know that's not true! :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back