RV Length
Chassis
Ford
Engine
Ford Triton E450
Fulltimer
No
Hi Fellow RV'ers!
My family and I were just in Joshua Tree National Park for an amazing weekend in our 2007 Fourwinds Majestic with E450 Superduty chassis. On the way back home, we stopped for lunch and this big pickup truck took our passenger-side mirror off! He just took off! So frustrating!

My question is, what is the best way to replace this without breaking the bank? Could I do it myself? If so, where is the best place to buy the new mirror?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!
IMG-1057.JPG

This won’t be of any help, but I feel your pain. My driver’s side mirror has gotten all loose and won’t stay in a fixed position anymore. I tried to find a replacement, new or used, but couldn’t locate anything, anywhere. I even tried going to some of the local junk yards but the only examples I could find had already had the mirrors picked off.

I asked a guy at a local body shop what he would do if he had to fix a coach that had been in an accident, and he told me that he would likely try to replace them with mirrors intended for some other vehicle and Bondo any holes or imperfections that might have arisen. Either that, or suggest that the owner buy a new RV. :p

Again, I know that’s not of much help but that was what I was told about six years ago. FWIW, what I did was to buy some white duct tape and just wrapped it around the place that is loose until it doesn’t move anymore.

This won’t be of any help, but I feel your pain. My driver’s side mirror has gotten all loose and won’t stay in a fixed position anymore. I tried to find a replacement, new or used, but couldn’t locate anything, anywhere. I even tried going to some of the local junk yards but the only examples I could find had already had the mirrors picked off.

I asked a guy at a local body shop what he would do if he had to fix a coach that had been in an accident, and he told me that he would likely try to replace them with mirrors intended for some other vehicle and Bondo any holes or imperfections that might have arisen. Either that, or suggest that the owner buy a new RV. :p

Again, I know that’s not of much help but that was what I was told about six years ago. FWIW, what I did was to buy some white duct tape and just wrapped it around the place that is loose until it doesn’t move anymore.
Thanks for the message! I was able to find the mirror on Carparts.com. I found one that fits at Carparts.com!

Thanks for the message! I was able to find the mirror on Carparts.com. I found one that fits at Carparts.com!
Congratulations!! That’s awesome. It gives me hope for finding mine. I’m going there right now. Thanks!

I just went and found the ones for my coach. They’re not white like mine (black, instead) and they’re a little pricey, but I still want them. Now I just need to talk the bride into them. :p

Are you planning on replacing it yourself or will you take it and the parts to a mechanic?

Just as an FYI. There's also Car-parts.com. That's a search engine of salvage yards across the country that list their inventory online, and I've used it a handful of times to find things my locals didn't have.
Might not be a bad thing to bookmark.

Roger

I think I’m gonna replace it.
If you wouldn’t mind, please take some pics of how it went. I’d be interested in replacing mine soon and it would be nice to have a heads-up on the process.

Latest resources

Back