Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Slide lock not fully retracted?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I emailed Joe at Newmar Parts asking about replacement springs for the slide lock mechanisms on top of the slides as I have one that needs to be replaced. If anyone needs the info here it is:

PN 117048A - $7.43 each

I had to replace one of the slide lock springs. They are small springs for the price. Don't drop it while installing.

So you can skip My post on this if you want, because I avoided many of the issues you guys have! But lubrication IS desirable in most walks of life, so for mecanical issues, I use a penetrating oil that has Teflon in it!!! My last can is blaster,but have also used WD-40 with Teflon.

The advantages are well known:

Dry lubricant will not gunk up with dust!

Unlike silicone the Teflon stays viable for a very long time.

Can be easily found in many stores.

The Major disadvantage is Teflon can contribute to Cancer, so a good mask is in order when spraying it.

When using dry spray I also use gloves and skin protection in addition to the mask.
The dry spray is effective in certain applications.

Now that the lube has worked in and I'm still having the issue such as leaving the last CG, at least now I can push on the bottom plunger towards the coach and that makes the lock retract (down) as it should be. I may have to disassemble the bottom area to see what's going on and maybe it just needs a cleaning and better lubrication. But at least I learned more how this works and can manage this.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back