Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

So you think it's easy owning an RV Park ???

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I think you did the right thing. Although it was "out of bounds" and 'rules are rules", we must sometimes be asked to bend. Talking to other guests and seeing no adverse response tells me that you are a man of compassion. We need more "men" like you Jim. (A man's man that mills his own lumber, yet prepares a wonderland for ducks and wildlife to roam...and every once in awhile see's a situation for what it is) Blessings

Brings to mind the expression..... easier to beg forgiveness than to ask for permission

You have fallen victim to a manipulator!!!
The perpetrator knew the rules,and likely has used the trick before!!!

You have done future victims no favor by bending your rules, this "I'm a unsuspecting victim" routine is used by way to many "I have rights" even when I'm in the wrong,group of misfits!

You did no flavors to society!!!
Perhaps, but on the outside chance you're wrong, I did no harm either. As I said, it's not easy running a campground. Glad I'm a big enough man to do it.

Perhaps, but on the outside chance you're wrong, I did no harm either. As I said, it's not easy running a campground. Glad I'm a big enough man to do it.
Me too! As always, I wish you the most of success. Had you not asked for opinions I would have stayed quiet on this one!!!

I respect your decision on adults only,but most of the time the kids parents are the problem.
I hope to visit your place sometime, if travel trailers and small dogs are ok.

Adult or 55 and over, I just glad I am good either way. Well, adult by age.

I respect your decision on adults only,but most of the time the kids parents are the problem.
I hope to visit your place sometime, if travel trailers and small dogs are ok.
You nailed it! We welcomed children for the first 2 years, but we got tired of herding unsupervised kids. Mom & dad park the rig, pop open a beer, and let um go! I wish it wasn't that way because it really cuts down on our visitors, and volume is what (normally) keeps a park alive. But there are only 2 of us, and the added work (and stress) just took the fun out of it.

And yes, of course, small travel trailers and dogs are ALWAYS welcome. I don't think Elli was happy that day!

elli-1.JPG

Cats too!

325593119_1160336091323439_280733646591235839_n.jpg

unfortunately people these days feel rules aren't meant for them, entitled generation, just look at the national parks mess, anyway, we wish we could frequent 55 plus parks, kids these days have no supervision as you have mentioned, but we have a special needs 23 yo DD and she needs to be with us 100%, we understand the rules and have never asked for a waiver or favor, we just look for another park and put up with the kid traffic and try not to travel in the summertime.

unfortunately people these days feel rules aren't meant for them, entitled generation, just look at the national parks mess, anyway, we wish we could frequent 55 plus parks, kids these days have no supervision as you have mentioned, but we have a special needs 23 yo DD and she needs to be with us 100%, we understand the rules and have never asked for a waiver or favor, we just look for another park and put up with the kid traffic and try not to travel in the summertime.
Three thumbs up!!!

In people's prejudice they leave people worthy of consideration out! I find Jim honorable, and he has your needs in his heart! He and his family,are Just good people!

But I have a story!

I had a friend that looked forward to his retirement in one of the Sun cities communities. Shortly after they moved in he died! Well the long, and short, is his wife was denied her home! She was twenty years younger,and didn't meet the criteria!

I have no room for people who game the system! But I have no room in My heart for those that won't reason!!!

Nuff Said!

You nailed it! We welcomed children for the first 2 years, but we got tired of herding unsupervised kids. Mom & dad park the rig, pop open a beer, and let um go! I wish it wasn't that way because it really cuts down on our visitors, and volume is what (normally) keeps a park alive. But there are only 2 of us, and the added work (and stress) just took the fun out of it.

And yes, of course, small travel trailers and dogs are ALWAYS welcome. I don't think Elli was happy that day!

View attachment 24174

Cats too!

View attachment 24175
I suppose a posting could be made like,Pets and, Children must be supervised at all times.
It's too bad your business has to go without guest,and respectful family's can't enjoy your camp grounds.
What bicycle trails are in your area and are e bicycles allowed?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back