Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

So you think it's easy owning an RV Park ???

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I think you should tell the the guest to get his A*# back to your place and help you clean it up. If not send a big bill to him and say persona non grata forever.
We've discussed it and he apologized. Said that he has never been to a park with two sewer receptacles, and he got confused. It's OK. If this is the worst thing that happens to me I'll consider this venture to be a cakewalk. lol

It sounds like vacuum rinse repeat. Sanitizing when finished. I guess a name will be added to the no return list.
Maybe add a couple gallons of bleach and black tank treatment to the mess first and let it sit a bit. Its unpleasant but in the grand order of things, human waste is a mangable bio hazard with minimal risk when handled properly. Its just extreemly unpleasant (for most people). Tyvek suit (avail from paint stores), gloves, booties, duct tape all seems, splash protection over your face (!), equip yourself with anything you need properly ahead of time, have a containment strategy in place, and dig in. Or you could just call someone who does this and watch them deal with it. $500 is sounding cheap about now. After the smells dissipate and the nightmares subside, it will just be one of those campfire stories about experiences you’d prefer not to repeat.

After the joy and lessons learned, how can you prevent this from happening again? White PVC I think we're trained to see as sewer, green as water. Maybe paint the respective non sewer pipes green, maybe put a cap on them with a label "water" or something to prevent anyone from connecting to it in any fashion to protect your water supply?

After the joy and lessons learned, how can you prevent this from happening again? White PVC I think we're trained to see as sewer, green as water. Maybe paint the respective non sewer pipes green, maybe put a cap on them with a label "water" or something to prevent anyone from connecting to it in any fashion to protect your water supply?

I’ve never stayed in a place with sewer hookups, so I’m certainly paying attention.

Maybe “water” is not the best word as many consider effluent as “water” ie Black water, Gray water, etc.

How about "explosives" or

200.gif

BTW Bill (NWIP) the Sheppard's are here. They seem like very nice people!

Thank you.
Cool glad they visited, tell them we said hello.

All that is already in place. Since I seldom have to access this area, I'm going to find some way to put a strap over it and secure with screws or a bolt. Hate using screws in that close of proximity to the RV's though, as there is always a chance for a screw to get loose and find its way to a tire.

Latest resources

Back