Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

So you think it's easy owning an RV Park ???

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
BTW Bill (NWIP) the Sheppard's are here. They seem like very nice people!

Thank you.

I've been thinking of starting a thread where I (and others) can post some of the craziness that takes at the RV Park. So let me start this thread off with today crappy happening.

Preface: At our park, we have 2 sewer connections at each site. This helps accommodate the newer rigs that have two sewer outlets as well as longer/shorter rigs that may need to access the sewer from different locations.

Today a departing guest was dumping his tanks. Instead of using either of the sewer outlets, he dumped into the 4" pvc pipe (with the green cover that says WATER) and goes down into the ground where the water on/off valve is. So now we have 2.5' of human waste filling up the PCC pipe that protects the water valve from freezing.

When the waste started coming over the top, the neighbor yelled at him and told him what he was doing wrong.

And no, the guy didn't even bother to tell us what he did. He just high tailed it out the park.
BTW Bill (NWIP) the Sheppard's are here. They seem like very nice people!

Thank you.
Stayed at a park in Liberty Lake, Idaho. Newer park. They had the water valve within 2 feet of the sewer. They told me the same thing had happened on numerous occasions. Even their check in instructions warn not to confuse the two. Colored tops too. They blamed it on the new, inexperienced rv’ers. But to drive off… send them a major bill

Dirty Hands Water GIF by CBS

Small shop vac. You can choose to save for next time or throw away after use 😳. Much cheaper than sewer pump truck
I agree with Bill. This is what your least favorite repair shop used when they screwed up the installation of my Sanicon. And, about a gallon of concentrated Lysol to finish the job. The tech who did the bad install had to clean the shop vac.

I think you should tell the the guest to get his A*# back to your place and help you clean it up. If not send a big bill to him and say persona non grata forever.

X 4 or 5 for a cheap, one time use, wet/dry shop vac. Or if you get it at home depot, you could return it - tell them is a….well you know.

The shop vac idea does sound a bit less messy than my poo volcano suggestion. If you do get one, make sure you get the 2 1/4" hose instead of the smaller one to avoid plugging it with camper mud!

It sounds like vacuum rinse repeat. Sanitizing when finished. I guess a name will be added to the no return list.

And it's probably the site I have reserved in a few weeks.

I personally know two owners of parks and the horror stories are endless. It's amazing the "stuff" they find in sewer lines that not only stops them up but plays havoc with the lift pumps and also how the washing machines are abused. I tell both of them they are crazy for owning the parks and I'll probably tell you that when we meet.

I agree, dress yourself in a hazmat suit and vacuum away.

Latest resources

Back