Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

So you think it's easy owning an RV Park ???

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jim

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
I've been thinking of starting a thread where I (and others) can post some of the craziness that takes at the RV Park. So let me start this thread off with today crappy happening.

Preface: At our park, we have 2 sewer connections at each site. This helps accommodate the newer rigs that have two sewer outlets as well as longer/shorter rigs that may need to access the sewer from different locations.

Today a departing guest was dumping his tanks. Instead of using either of the sewer outlets, he dumped into the 4" pvc pipe (with the green cover that says WATER) and goes down into the ground where the water on/off valve is. So now we have 2.5' of human waste filling up the PCC pipe that protects the water valve from freezing.

When the waste started coming over the top, the neighbor yelled at him and told him what he was doing wrong.

And no, the guy didn't even bother to tell us what he did. He just high tailed it out the park.

That's no bueno! Hopefully this wasn't after taco Tuesday or a corn on the cob eating contest. I'd say it might be worth trying to fool proof where tanks can be dumped but then the world just churns out a more capable fool.

That's no bueno! Hopefully this wasn't after taco Tuesday or a corn on the cob eating contest. I'd say it might be worth trying to fool proof where tanks can be dumped but then the world just churns out a more capable fool.
And I have no idea how I'm going to get 2' of human waste out of the pipe. I may have to call a sewer pump truck and have him suck it out. But they charge $500 for a visit/pump.

Guest isn't going to like getting that bill.

Wow. That’s a level or twelve beyond ignorant.

Stick a pressure washer wand with the trigger locked on in the hole then fire it up. The pipe will be poo free, everything in a 30' radius might not be. Best to do it right before a good rain.

Can you use your macerator pump from your rig to try to vacuum most of it out?
Then fill with water, vacuum — repeat half a dozen times, then bleach mixture after?

Stick a pressure washer wand with the trigger locked on in the hole then fire it up. The pipe will be poo free, everything in a 30' radius might not be. Best to do it right before a good rain.
Doing this might cause a situation like that RV dump clip in Robin William’s RV movie.

Please come over. I learn from example so much better . . .

Small shop vac. You can choose to save for next time or throw away after use 😳. Much cheaper than sewer pump truck

80's television GIF by vhspositive

Latest resources

Back