• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Sometimes you just wonder why..

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This was in Sebastian but you know the old saying Snow Birds of a feather flock together ??

We now stay more up in the central Florida area. It is a little more rural, not as crowded. Before we left the Ft Myers/Cape Coral area there was one winter where we witnessed two hit and run crashes right in front of us.

First, we are talking about someone we know here; @Joe Goodxrvn, and I doubt that he would not have the proper tag displayed. Second, there is no valid excuse for parking in a cross-hatched access area.

Second-guessing this situation is “out of bounds” in my book.

TJ
I don’t think he was excusing the behavior, just trying to understand what would make someone do it

Someone did something similar to me once in a parking garage. I was not in a disabled space, nor were they, just normal parking spaces. They parked so close to my driver’s side door that I couldn’t even walk sideways between the two cars to get to it and even if I had, I would have only been able to open the door an inch. I had to enter through the passenger door.

no worries though! I had windshield marker in my trunk so before I left, I wrote in nice big clear letters on their rear windshield “I PARK TOO CLOSE TO OTHER VEHICLES”.

It is removable of course, but you won’t be removing it until you get home! I think they might be a more considerate when parking now.

We now stay more up in the central Florida area. It is a little more rural, not as crowded. Before we left the Ft Myers/Cape Coral area there was one winter where we witnessed two hit and run crashes right in front of us.
We stay east of Ft. Myers, about 15 miles east of LaBelle. Not much more rural than that. When we have to go to Ft. Myers I really dread it. Usually only once a month so wife can go to her beloved Sams club.

Traffic there reminds me of rush hour in St. Louis.

And it keeps getting worse down there. We have been gone two years, however each winter we always go back for something, usually to visit someone or get something out of our storage facility. We notice every time the traffic is more difficult than the year before.

As I think through all the responses here (Way too much time on my hands) I think that given the specific circumstances with this vehicle, it may have been prudent to call the local Police to report a "suspicious vehicle".

I am not, nor do I ever choose to be, Parking Police. People will do what People do and I will continue to just work around them. I am not going to invest my time and energy on things I can't control, People's behavior.

But in this instance, given the very unusual circumstances, I, now, think a call to the local Police would be in order.

Mental note for future reference.

Discretion is the better part of valor!

As I get older, and hopefully wiser, I am starting to recognize that it's better to outwit rather than over power. My pain avoidance skills are improving. Still not a natural act, but a work in progress.

Glad it worked out for you, and I agree with your assessment.

FB_IMG_1631759054616.jpg

it seems that common courtesy, amongst drivers, has disappeared especially amongst the younger generation.
I sincerely doubt this was a "younger generation" driver since it was a big old Cadillac parking in the handicap spaces. :LOL:

Latest resources

Back