• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Sometimes you just wonder why..

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Neal to your point regarding security, the car in this position would make a nice screen for a carjacking.

Neal to your point regarding security, the car in this position would make a nice screen for a carjacking.
Absolutely and it would cause you, in your situation, to take a predefined path to get into your car. A definite huge red flag situation. Worth going back in and asking for security.

I would suspect, that it being Florida, with a great deal of elderly drivers and the age and brand of the car, that this is not only how they park, but how they drive. My folks as they aged, especially my mother became terrible drivers. It's hard to drive well when you can barely see over the steering wheel and dash board.

At the Costco where we normally shop there is a row of maybe 20 designated handicap spaces and they are ALWAYS full. Interesting how spry many of the people are existing & entering their vehicles.
Now I know, you can’t judge a handicap person just by observation. Totally understand that. I bring it up because illegal handicap parking is rampant , at least in the area where we live and it is so unfair to those that truly need it (I’m not one thank God). Sure wish those that use the system illegally would get their just due.

I also note that they are in a designated pedestrian cross walk. Idiots.

The other day I went to the market. It was an off tome to avoid crowds. The lot as expected was almost empty.
Returning to my vehicle I found someone else had come to market. Not sure what they were thinking when they parked next to the only car in the lot.View attachment 8746
That is weird!

We thought Chicago driver's were rude until we became Florida residents. In our experience the Florida drivers under 40 years old are the worse at parking and driving.

Yes, and when I left the Midwest for Florida my car insurance rate went up, due to higher risk in Fl.

FL is not a safe state for vehicles.

In Florida approximately 20% of drivers are uninsured. Unfortunately that effects your and my insurance rates.

Joe, Is that in St. Augustine?
I ask, because there was an old "Caddy" parked in a similar position at the Publix on A1A & the Beach Rd!
People are plain crazy; especially down here. To me, it's the only real negative living in Florida! These IDIOTS do not know how to drive!!

Latest resources

Back