• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Bigblockyeti

RVF VIP
RV Make
Still shopping
It seems like such an app (I loathe apps) or website would exist but I've not yet found it. Poking around on the SC state parks site, I was unintuitively and finally able to sort what campgrounds, within the state parts system, allow TT camping. Even then, they did not delineate between a 14' pop-up and a 45' coach. I'm hoping to find some site where user defined equipment and a zip code with a user defined radius will show everything that would work (if not actually available) with the user's equipment. Then the user could hone down on what's important like allowing kids, is there a pool, what hookups are available. A whole sidebar of options could be added with a little number next to each option referencing how many sites have that option. Ideally, such a list would encompass everything from state parks, national forests, national chains, local mom & pop locations, etc. so that every possible option would be readily displayed. It goes without saying that being able to sort by price per day/week/month as well would be helpful as well. Looking at the "Anti Social Campgrounds" thread started on 11/15/22, it seems there would be a way to incorporate such concerns/amenities into the sorting for that as well?

This one has good filters:

also RV Trip Wizard is one to check out.

Allstays looks nice and seems to have a pretty quick breakdown of what's at a particular location. The wizard site requiring sign up, no doubt with yet another user name and password, appeals to me far less for just that reason.

RVParky.com is another one. Free and easy to use. Only basic filters though so probably not what you are looking for but I do like it for the reviews to validate what I have found elsewhere.

You can simply do what I do and build your own personal "directory" of campgrounds that suit your needs. That involves a lot of work. If you start with one state and work your way thru it, it's not so bad. I am currently working on a public campground POI that I downloaded as a CSV file from the poi-factory. I am editing it heavily as I am only interested in a specific set of states and within that group of states, I am only interested in County/City parks and COE parks that have at least electric hookups.

I am finding a lot of incorrect information since the POI file is quite old. I cross check with three different campground review sites as well as Google Maps. In the case of the COE parks, those are checked with Recreation.gov as that site has the most up-to-date info for COE.

Yes, it's a lot of work but I haven't found accurate info collected anyplace else, including the sites that cost $$ to look at. When this set of spreadsheets are done, I will upload them to Google My Maps for trip planning purposes. I already have my overnight parking spots uploaded. Most other things are available on a basic google map (fuel stations, restaurants, State/Federal campgrounds, Privately owned campgrounds, grocery stores, etc).

Most public campgrounds don't give a flying fig if the site is occupied by a popup or a mobile mansion. You don't tend to run into that until you are looking at privately owned campgrounds. And they tend to not want to post those biases publicly, if they have them.

Latest resources

Back