RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 3407
TOW/TOAD
2022 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
Yes
I had Starlink In Motion installed yesterday on my 2022 Ventana. The technician hard wired it to my Cradlepoint R1900 router and Starlink is the primary Internet connection with AT&T being the secondary Internet connection. After setting up my account, etc. all appears to be working as it should. I will be doing some more in depth testing while I'm away from my home base. I did a speed test yesterday and I'm pleased. The speeds are faster than than my data connection with AT&T.

IMG_3877-L.png

Nice! I didn't realize that Starlink had an "in motion" offering. Good to know!

This is still the ROAM plan but with in motion added? Same priority (or lack thereof) with the ROAM group?

This is still the ROAM plan but with in motion added? Same priority (or lack thereof) with the ROAM group?
Yes, that would be correct. I am on the Starlink ROAM plan for $150.00 a month. The antenna mounts on the roof and the low profile allows you to drive your coach. So you have an Internet connection while you are driving. The technician used the Starlink router initially to do all the updates, then dropped the Starlink router and did a hard connect from the antenna to my Cradlepoint R1900 router for my WiFi connectivity. Starlink is the primary/priority Internet connection with AT&T being the fallback data connection for Internet.

It's a significant investment for the In Motion system but for my intended use I felt it was worth it.

Yes, that would be correct. I am on the Starlink ROAM plan for $150.00 a month. The antenna mounts on the roof and the low profile allows you to drive your coach. So you have an Internet connection while you are driving. The technician used the Starlink router initially to do all the updates, then dropped the Starlink router and did a hard connect from the antenna to my Cradlepoint R1900 router for my WiFi connectivity. Starlink is the primary/priority Internet connection with AT&T being the fallback data connection for Internet.

It's a significant investment for the In Motion system but for my intended use I felt it was worth it.
That's the RIGHT WAY to do it; ethernet directly to the WAN port of the R1900. I've seen many others try to use the SL router and have headaches when using their CradlePoint router as well.

This morning I was out where my Ventana is stored and I was able to experience how the the transition takes place from AT&T to SpaceX Starlink. My coach is parked under a canopy and my Internet connection was on AT&T as I would expect since the Starlink antenna doesn't have a view of the sky. Upon backing out from under the canopy my Internet connection appeared as SpaceX Starlink... as I would expect. The transition was seamless and confirms that Starlink is my primary/priority Internet connection.

Latest resources

Back