Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Starlink roam plan goes to165/mo but now includes in motion use.

1726054220088.png

I had contemplated mounting the standard on the roof flat but I have tried just setting it flat and it does not seam to work as well.
Anyone else running it flat with good results?

What numbers are you getting?

What numbers are you getting?
where I am now there are lots of trees so has many obstructions when using the kick stand but laying it flat where we have plenty of open sky did not work at well at all, kept searching and telling me that the dish was not alligned.

Gen 3 standard dish roam unlimited

Hmmm...might be an option..

1726061255733.png

1726060689182.png

While a good Internet option, it is an expensive option. For me, Starlink remains a backup and not primary and remains suspended unless needed. I suggest continue to work your cellular game plan with a good router and antenna setup and don't make Starlink your only option. You still have to deal with obstructions, not all campgrounds/campsites are going to be SL friendly.

What’s the best option for cellular that doesn’t require an antenna be mounted on the roof? I have the paddles but it’s not great.

I read an article recently about the user who laid the dishy on the top bunk bed and got reception through the fiberglass roof.

Comments?

Pathetic excuse to raise the monthly rate - adding features that a VERY small minority can/will use.

May need to consider going back to cellular. Just wish I could find a reasonable cellular plan that has 300gb a month data cap.

What’s the best option for cellular that doesn’t require an antenna be mounted on the roof? I have the paddles but it’s not great.
My hunch is your Marathon coach is metal walled so paddles indoors won’t work well. You’d need a temporary solution when parked to get an external antenna or a roof mount setup. Newmar’s are fiberglass and probably why paddles can work well for them. No expert. Just a hunch.

Latest resources

Back