Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Got a slow start this morning out of Newmar. A stop at ACE for some last bits to refine the car hookups. Waited until Main St Coffee Roasters opened at 8:00. Retur ed to the Coach for breakfast and then departed.
Took awhile to sort out the driving of the DP. Surprised how many times the Suggestion Pedal was floored to get things moving. I don’t drive fast, nothing over 65. Getting moving is slow going.
But we made it the Whispering Pined RV in KY without too much comments from the navigator.
off the NIRVC in Atlanta in the morning.

Time to rest…
1699743113107.jpeg

Diesels don't accelerate. They gain momentum.

Our diesel pusher is not a fast accelerator either but it does gain momentum and heads down the road just fine.

Nect 400 miles were also a learning experience. Started up after first overnight stop. Dash Christmas tree of lights. ABS error, CMS error. Being the arrogant a$$ that I can be I just drove away thinking these would clear… Not.
Stopped at the first test area. Did a start, waiting for all the pre checks of electronic systems to clear during ignition on, then started engine, all clear for 10 miles or do. Then we get a Xite error.
Only gps other than phone available. GARMIN is dead. Had reviewed the route anay way so ignored this transient fault and continued on.
Tired by the time we got into Atlanta heavy traffic. What fun😤
arrived safe and sound with a list of items too address.

When at Spartan Academy recommendation was to allow all messages including emissions to clear prior to starting engine. Hope things settle down

Thanks. I thought that might help. The benefits of a patience 🤔

Last edited:
Joe, we were in Whispering Hills last week so we just missed being there at the same time.. we were in site 182... kind of a tight park, but not the tightest we have been in!! safe travels!!

I get the ABS and CMS error frequently, DW googled it and apparently the sensors clear once the tires start rotating, and sure enough they clear every time

Latest resources

Back