Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wr Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Update: let me just start off by saying that I state Freightliner in Missoula is never where you want to be. Their shop was not very busy, but they were in no hurry to fix the situation. I found a radiator shop while they were twiddling their fingers. I had them take out the radiator and we took it to the shop where they determined they could fix it enough for me to get home. After three days, I state put it back on and it sat waiting for an AC condenser to arrive from Spartan. While it sat no one tested the radiator until the condenser came in then they found a small leak in the radiator and didn’t want to put the condenser on until they had put a glass sealer over that which had to dry for 24 hours , they did that twice. That couldn’t have been done while waiting for the part is beyond me. There is no communication in the service department. We had to call each day to see what was going on after 12 days in a hotel. I had had enough and said we are coming over and getting the coach you’ve got till 5 o’clock and it better be ready. The bill was $6000. For what? They took out the radiator. They put the radiator back in and put the AC condenser on sprayed the leaks twice with a glass spray. Other than that the coach sat in their bay for seven days without any work. I was really taken to the cleaners but what can you do?

Update: let me just start off by saying that I state Freightliner in Missoula is never where you want to be. Their shop was not very busy, but they were in no hurry to fix the situation. I found a radiator shop while they were twiddling their fingers. I had them take out the radiator and we took it to the shop where they determined they could fix it enough for me to get home. After three days, I state put it back on and it sat waiting for an AC condenser to arrive from Spartan. While it sat no one tested the radiator until the condenser came in then they found a small leak in the radiator and didn’t want to put the condenser on until they had put a glass sealer over that which had to dry for 24 hours , they did that twice. That couldn’t have been done while waiting for the part is beyond me. There is no communication in the service department. We had to call each day to see what was going on after 12 days in a hotel. I had had enough and said we are coming over and getting the coach you’ve got till 5 o’clock and it better be ready. The bill was $6000. For what? They took out the radiator. They put the radiator back in and put the AC condenser on sprayed the leaks twice with a glass spray. Other than that the coach sat in their bay for seven days without any work. I was really taken to the cleaners but what can you do?
I feel your pain. Somewhat the same service as I ran into at Ocala Freightliner. They could have saved my trip, but elected to say nothing about a workaround for my DEF issue. They wanted twice for parts than what is priced a dozen places on the web. And on top of it all, they said the part couldn't even be sourced for another 45 days.

So yeah, told them I'd be down to pick it up and deal with it myself. Still cost me $600 and they did NOTHING except to confirm the codes that my reader had already displayed.

I must have missed something, how does a tag tire blowout relate to a radiator leak? Did a piece of rubber from the tire hit the radiator causing the leak?

Re: “what can you do”, If you haven’t already, see my post under the steer tire blow out thread . Steer Tire Blowout , post # 20.

Latest resources

Back