RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
Last year the two sets of 3 vanity lights in the main bathroom fell off the wall. Luckily the wires held them from crashing on the tile floor.
They were attached with two wood screws into 3/16 wall panel that had the density of compressed cardboard and just pulled out.
I installed them back with extra backing reinforcement screwed and glued.
Now I see the corner molding above the same two sets of lights came down and resting on the same lights. Now I have to fix that.
Starting to feel like Newmar gave me a kit of partially thrown together parts for me to assemble properly. It has been going for 5 years one thing after another.
Just venting ?

You were automatically subscribed to the 5 year Newmar upgrade program. Please pick your new coach. Great time to sell a gently used recently reglued motorhome!

Starting to think about it ??

You all realize of course, regardless of what the salesman and newmar says, these things really are not designed to be lived in 24/7/365. Earthquakes going down road as well. Whole lota shakeing going on. To coin a song. 1/4" thick luan board is not strong enough to hold up the weight of the lights, should have had backing behind them, and no I don't think mine do either. It is not like sticks and bricks for sure.

You all realize of course, regardless of what the salesman and newmar says, these things really are not designed to be lived in 24/7/365. Earthquakes going down road as well. Whole lota shakeing going on. To coin a song. 1/4" thick luan board is not strong enough to hold up the weight of the lights, should have had backing behind them, and no I don't think mine do either. It is not like sticks and bricks for sure.
We use ours only 4-5 months a year. 7-8K miles annually. Not full time.

We have not had anything fall off the wall yet. I don't think we ever did in our other one, which we did use 4-5 months at a time and 7 months one time. I do not know what or if their should be backing behind the lights, Hmmm, I did have 32 items for mothership just prior to warranty expiring, and they found several more things to fix. Since then if we have put on 3,000 miles I would be surprised, COVID you know. There are some funkie type anchors which might be good in this situation. I will see if I still have the link to the website, they may be european in design, as I have never seen them in HD or Lowes. If I have it I will post it to you. Much better in my mind than the screw thing, which you then put another screw into. Althoug I have used them with much success. Don't know how much space is behind the lights, but the anchors are not over 1" long so should be enough. These look interesting. Not the ones I was thinking I saw.

Here is link to whole bunch of them on Amazon. The white plastic ones I have used before with excellent success. The flimisy ones you can get never work for me. Amazon.com : Unvert USA

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back