• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Time for a new Keurig

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Mellita is a great brand. I know many who swear by theirs. I bought one of these when it was on kickstarter but I think it’s too expensive now and it might take up too much room in the ventessex. We keep one in the S&B. Makes awesome pourover.

Yes they do. Every regular coffee pot I’ve had I always bought one that used the Mellita cone filters - much better coffee than the flat bottom ones.

That one looks nice but, yeah at $800 I don’t think I could convince the wife. 😀. Although fresh ground would be great.

Wonder if I can find a spot to store a grinder.

We do the pour over in the bus scaled down. One scale and a Hario dripper and filters and this grinder. You can spend a lot on a grinder but I recommend this as it’s pretty compact. It makes a big difference in taste.

Amazon product ASIN B07Q622YLB

giant quadruple thumbs down on the k-supreme. Both of mine (home & RV) are going in the trash, okay, closet for now. They have a burnt taste and after a google search it's a common complaint. I still have my old machines but I'm probably going to find a single serve locally or ship one to Newmar for my arrival next week. Blech! Done with this!

And yes @sheridany - my fav is pour over coffee, the flavor has been amazing. I'm just lazy sometimes.
I had a similar problem with my home unit so I disassembled it to clean it. It was filthy inside which explained the issue and it had at least a dozen small plastic parts that finally fit back together like some elaborate puzzle. But it solved the problem, although from a maintenance standpoint was almost not worth the effort. One thing I would suggest is to not allow any flavored coffees or any other non-coffee hot beverage, such as hot chocolate, in your Keurig. I’ve since gone to tea which costs .08 per cup and requires nothing more than hot water to brew.

This is a brand new unit used all of two weeks now. It may be the k-cups, but I've tried two different ones. I'll try my ground coffee in the reusable filter and see how it goes tomorrow.

It's a noticeably better cup of coffee out of the single serve which I believe uses the former boiler. Whatever they changed in these new k-supreme units which don't have the boiler warmup period I think is flash heating and burning the coffee.

This is a brand new unit used all of two weeks now. It may be the k-cups, but I've tried two different ones. I'll try my ground coffee in the reusable filter and see how it goes tomorrow.

It's a noticeably better cup of coffee out of the single serve which I believe uses the former boiler. Whatever they changed in these new k-supreme units which don't have the boiler warmup period I think is flash heating and burning the coffee.
Not good on a new machine. I’d probably return it. Mine is probably five years old and I bought it used so I have no idea what went through it before I got it.

Yeah, would return it too, if I didn't buy it several months before using it for the first time on this trip. It will go into the hoarding cellar and out will come the prior machines, but I'm probably getting a single serve sent to Newmar next week.

For a perfect cup every time!
16987713679467032001530310219528.jpg

Stove top espresso maker is a simple clean up with never a filter to buy!!!

Wasn't going to take a picture of my super cheap mod until compete, will post that if there is enough time!!!!

I have one of those to make Cuban coffee. Makes it super strong. Not for the faint of heart.

I have one of those to make Cuban coffee. Makes it super strong. Not for the faint of heart.
Yes but 50/50 mix with hot water, and you have the equivalent of Starbucks café American!!!

Latest resources

Back