• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Time to buy tires

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Just checked the FMCA for pricing. I need 2 - 365/70 R22.5 and 6 - 315/80 R22.5 (Michelin)

Looks to be about $9,100 before install and extras.
Where is that jeanie that comes out to grant your wish when you rub the bottle.There is a Jeanie at the campground Istay at every year, but she never shows up when I rub the bottle. Worse yet, she has never granted me a wish. What is this world coming to? 😂😂😂.

I have 1-2 yrs. Oh, joy!

The tires that came on my coach had issues. FL in Gaffney spent a lot of time on them checking runout or whatever it's called, spin balancing, in the end two were warranty replaced and my ride much smoother.

I will ask that the new ones are spin balanced and I'm also getting centramatics installed with them in November.

GoFundNeal launching in October as November's visit to Newmar ahead of FL Gaffney is also going to be an expensive one. And house batteries are coming soon, not sure when, but that's not far off.
1715124074957.jpg

Regrading other types of dynamic wheel balancer methods. We tried the media you pour into the tire prior to mounting tire. It was a disaster.
Stuff clumped up and threw tire way out of balance in damp or cold weather. Just a PIA. Two different types of media before we went with Centramatics.
Oh no. They put beads in my tire when I had a steer tire replaced. So far no problems.

I joined FMCA for tires which do have good discount tire prices however I ended up going with RVtires.com better prices same tires available and they have a mobile mount service and come right to your location. That was two years ago and I have been very happy with the tires and the work provided. Tires were mounted by Pomps Tires Service. We were able to stop on our first trip at a Pomps for no fee get wheels retorqued/ check as required for the aluminum wheel.
I ended up using RVtires.com also. Better price than RMCA for the Continental's I ended up buying. RVtires.com found a local company that I liked and used to install the tires.

Just a comment here. Mobile tire service can be iffy. Steel wheels are usually not an issue muscling on tires with large bars. Aluminum wheels take a much more precise application of effort to avoid damage. Also, very few mobile truck tire services balance anything.
If you think about a mobile truck tire service clientele, it is typically over the road truckers stuck on the side of a busy highway. Not a RV with fancy aluminum wheels.

Attachments

• 1715179348075.jpeg
    1715179348075.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 14

Latest resources

Back