• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tire pressure monitors

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
In my opinion the short answerer to the OP's question is YES they are worth getting. I'm running the Tireminder TM77 with signal booster & 12 sensors. Early on (about 4 years ago) I had a couple sensors that were intermittent, Tireminder replaced them under warranty. Occasionally will get a "No Signal" alarm generally on one of the inner duals but they clear themselves in a few minutes. Recently had the receiver suddenly show No Signal alarm on all sensors at once. Called Tireminder as there was no way to reset or clear the unit. Explained the issue to Tireminder Customer Service and to my surprise they are sending me a new receiver at no cost, so OUTSTANDING Customer Support, at least in my case. The system isn't perfect but I don't leave home without it.

That's what you call excellent customer service! I'm hoping I made a good choice too. I like the idea of being able to replace batteries in the sensors instead of throwing them away and having to purchase new ones, plus the sensors I got are supposed to be the smallest available. Also the monitor is portable so if I have a problem I can take the monitor to the wheel for verification.
I did get an email back telling me that the standard warranty is three years not one like the book says, so that makes me feel better. I asked about purchasing the lifetime warranty, but haven't heard anything yet.

Two quick questions...is the warning intelligible. IE if it goes off while driving can you tell right away what type of alert it is? And is the quill depressor inside the sensor made of metal or plastic? Thanks...

Two quick questions...is the warning intelligible. IE if it goes off while driving can you tell right away what type of alert it is? And is the quill depressor inside the sensor made of metal or plastic? Thanks...
The warnings are audible and visual. It warns of low pressure (duh...), high pressure, and also high temperature. Far as the depressor, they are plastic. They are long enough that you hear a PSSST before they are tight. There are also lock nuts that you can screw on the valve stem and lock onto the sensors with the wrench provided.

Just spent another $25 on my TPMS for the lifetime warranty. Now even my wife is happy with the purchase!:oops::):)

Just spent another $25 on my TPMS for the lifetime warranty. Now even my wife is happy with the purchase!:oops::):)
Careful. If the wife is happy you know you're in trouble. :ROFLMAO:

Careful. If the wife is happy you know you're in trouble. :ROFLMAO:
Been in trouble for so long I wouldn't know how to act if'n I wasn't........ Been married to her coming up on 34 years........

Well, I thought I'd follow up on my TPMS purchase. TWICE since I installed it it saved me. Once when I wound up in freezing rain and ice built up on a sensor to where it came loose causing a low rear tire on the truck (no trailer) on the Kansas Turnpike and again today. It let me know a trailer tire was low so I stopped and filled it up. !5 miles later the same tire was low again. I put my spare on and found a screw in the tread. Wouldn't have known about either one without the TPMS. I figure it paid for itself just with the trailer tire and not having it blow and damage the trailer.

Just changed the batteries on my TST sensors yesterday - easy peasy.

If you get a Tire Sensor that measures pressure and temperature, it warns of not only low tires but can warn of overheating bearings, brakes, etc. A couple of years ago driving down into Death Valley the TPMS was going wild when the front brakes temp exceeded the set temp limit. Nice reminder to slow down and pull over to let things cool down. It was 115-120F outside in the Valley that day.

From Mountain Directory West

deathvalley road.jpg

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back