Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Recall Toilet Water Supply Hose Recall (SB-599)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@JJT-NC ... not sure about policy but this was in the response they sent me when I asked if I could do the replacement myself.

"Thank you for contacting Newmar customer service regarding the technical service bulletin that was recently mailed out. To clarify a technical service bulletin is not a recall because they are not a safety issue."

FLSteve :unsure:
Don't you just love it when they don't read what you wrote and simply provide a copy/paste stock answer to play "not it".

Best,
-Mark

I cannot recall seeing such a notice, where the owner has 3 months to correct before the offer expires?? Is this a new policy?
Since it is a potential water damage issue, they are probably trying to limit their potential liability. It is a pretty quick turn around. If someone had went to Alaska for the summer, they might never see the notice until it expired. Not like there are 25 dealers up there. I am ticked that we were in Nappanee for service June 22-23, our letter was dated June 21 and they didn't say anything or do the fix, so now another appointment at the dealer.

I had my Ventana at my dealer this week for a scheduled service on my engine. Oil change filters, etc. I was hoping to get this Service Bulletin issue taken care of while my coach was there. Although my dealer was hoping, and thought, the parts would have been shipped from Newmar unfortunately that's not the case. My service writer asked Newmar for an ETA but she hasn't received an answer... :mad:

The Water Supply Hose (SB-599) arrived at my dealer last Friday so I went up today and had that taken care of. While I was there I had some Snap Pads put on and resolved an electrical issue I was having with my tow vehicle lights.

Next week I'm off to the Bonneville Salt Flats for Speed Week to try and set some Land Speed Records on motorcycles... 🏍️🏆

Latest resources

Back