• Commercial/Vendors welcome

TPMS Recommendation

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If I may ride the coat-tail of this thread my TT has just two wheels, yet I’ve not seen anything available for just monitoring two wheels. That said and thinking ‘if’ I’m on my way to a flat sometime, with only two wheels, it's critical I know ASAP. So for some of the more seasoned RV’s here with experience, what TPMS might you recommend? BTW, I’m in the quality before economy camp.

At this point, from what little I’ve read, I’m leaning toward an EEZTire-TPMS Pro (518C) Tire Pressure and Temperature Monitoring System.

If I may ride the coat-tail of this thread my TT has just two wheels, yet I’ve not seen anything available for just monitoring two wheels. That said and thinking ‘if’ I’m on my way to a flat sometime, with only two wheels, it's critical I know ASAP. So for some of the more seasoned RV’s here with experience, what TPMS might you recommend? BTW, I’m in the quality before economy camp.

At this point, from what little I’ve read, I’m leaning toward an EEZTire-TPMS Pro (518C) Tire Pressure and Temperature Monitoring System.
Well, I finally found what I’d been searching for, which was a more encompassing Tire Monitoring System that turned out to be called the Trailer WatchDog system. It monitors individual tire pressures & temperatures, as well as individual hub temperatures. 👍

Used EZ on the past RV. This time I am going to stick with a manual gauge and chassis supplied TPMS system.
My thought is to verify its operation with a manual gauge then use the chassis system if there is an anomaly.
Typically I check pressure each trip before heading out. Verify with on board system for discrepancies. If there is a significant change in temperature or atmospheric pressure during trip, check again. Otherwise I just use onboard system each morning and during trip.

The only reason I like TPMS is for the possible road debris. Otherwise every stop I make (seems to be more often as I age), axles and tires get at minimum a visual. At least one stop in 300 miles gets a hand on both, hub, and tire. There is nothing that can replace proper maintenance and monitoring. Sounds like a toy to me!!!

We were coming back from Florida towing our Jeep Cherokee when the Tire Minder alarm sounded, showing the pressure, think I had the alarm set at 28psi. By the time I could get over to a safe shoulder it was completely flat. They were fairly new tires and luckly was in time I had not damaged it. I had picked up a small piece of metal. Towing with the motorhome I think I would have ruined more than the tire had I kept going. That is why I look at them as a valuable piece of saftey equipment instead of a toy. JMHO

We were coming back from Florida towing our Jeep Cherokee when the Tire Minder alarm sounded, showing the pressure, think I had the alarm set at 28psi. By the time I could get over to a safe shoulder it was completely flat. They were fairly new tires and luckly was in time I had not damaged it. I had picked up a small piece of metal. Towing with the motorhome I think I would have ruined more than the tire had I kept going. That is why I look at them as a valuable piece of saftey equipment instead of a toy. JMHO
Excellent point! Forgot about the tow.

So the value I see in them saved your bacon!!! Cool to hear a happy ending!

Excellent point! Forgot about the tow.
Over the years, I've had 3 flats on my tow. Each time I was saved by my TPMS except for when I first got my LA and was using chassis TPMS because I had not gotten around to installing my EEZ yet. Thank goodness for the good people of Arkansas who waved me down. I was lucky not to ruin the rim on that particular Good Friday. Had I gone a little further I would have been in a world of trouble.

I'm using this Tireminder now, as it shows all tires PSI at once, or all temps, no more scrolling pages or waiting for an alert. Having had some slack adjuster problems that showed up with a rise in tire temps, I like being able to quickly keep an eye on tire temps, where with my old one, I had to scroll through the tires. Also, this one's screen never goes to sleep when plugged in, so PSI or temp (whichever you have chosen) is always visible for all tires.

Amazon product ASIN B082QJ51ZW

Is there a way to monitor OEM in wheel sensors with an aftermarket TPMS reader/screen?
The Ford Flex has in wheel TPMS sensors and I'd like not to add extra valve stem sensors in order to read tire air pressure from the RV. I wonder if an EEZ system can be programmed to read the OEM sensor?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back