• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI TSD Logistics Fuel Savings Program

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
"Refer fuel" is not subject to road/highway tax. That's similar to the situation with farm tractor fuel. The "Tractor" fuel shown at truck-stop pumps is for semi-tractors and other OTR vehicles.

TJ

How much fuel do refers commonly hold? Asking for a friend.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

Usually around 50 gallons. Reefer units use somewhere around a gallon per hour, depending on the temperature they need to maintain and the ambient temperature. A 50-gallon tank will provide about two days of operation before needing refueling.

TJ

We were ready to jump all over the TSD card. We maintain a small account at a credit union in Florida and it is perfect for this card to be linked to. However, our debit cards were compromised and we had them cancelled. Didn't want to get new ones or do anything else to the account until we returned to Florida.

From everything I have read on other forums this program is a really good one to save between $0.30 and $0.56 per gallon of diesel.

We love it. Opened a separate account just for that.
REFER fuel is not taxed since it is to be used only for the refrigeration systems on the big rigs. Also the refer fuel is colored different (red I believe) to catch cheaters.

Is REFER fuel taxed? I am unclear why they offer "tractor" and "refer" options.

On another note, I have the goodsam card. On this trip I stopped at a Flying J. The pump price was $3.03. I used the TDS card to start, and then when asked for loyalty card, I used goodsam. The pump price lowered from $3.03 to $2.95. When the statement came in, the final price was $2.56. They computed the savings from the $2.95, which means I paid a bit less commission. Not going to get rich off of this, and I don't know of any benefit of using the goodsam card, but I thought it was interesting that the option was available.

Apparently Pilot and Flying J came on board with the TSD program 7 to 10 days ago, or at least that is what is being reported on another forum. A member said they actually saved more at a Pilot than the next closest Love's truck stop with their card.

Just got the card in yesterday and downloaded the EFS app and I am astounded at how well the pricing is. It's also interesting to see the variation in pricing, Love's was easily the best.

We're leaving in a few weeks for the Christmas and New Years holiday and I have completely rethought my fillups along the route.

Saved $23 today on 57 gallons. Pump showed around 3.34/gal and I paid $2.95 according to the app.

The dedicated accounts is a good idea. I just opened a second account with my bank and will use that. I just applied for the program. Wish I'd done this before I traveled coast-to-coast!

A friend sent me an email today about some issue between PFJ and TSD logistics reselling their fuel. Somehow CW/Good Sam is involved in this but not sure how. Anyone have any details? I think the bottom line is don’t go to PFJ to get fuel as there is no discount available.

Latest resources

Back