Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
If you don't have the TSD Logistics Fuel Savings program and you drive a Diesel you are bonkers! The savings are YUGE! On the way home from AZ the signs showed around 2.38/gal yet I paid around 1.50/gal. If you went to a Pilot/Flying J and used your Good Sam discount you'd save up to around 9 cents per gallon - TSD Logistics (EFS Card) is around 80 cents/gal. What this reveals is how much Good Sam is making off of us and/or holding back, i.e. making huge money! Very thankful for TSD Logistics but this furthers my hate of Good Sam and Camping World.

I'll have to look into the card as travel starts back up. Thanks.
What was the station(s) that you can't use it at because of Good Sam?

What was the station(s) that you can't use it at because of Good Sam?

Pilot/Flying J due to Bad Sam. We all go to Love's now with TSD. If you open the EFS app that you can install once signed up it shows a map and locations within but I just use the Love's app to find my fuel stops and just use them.

I use a windows phone so not compatible

We've had TSD since shortly after it was announced and have filled up using it many times and not once was a Flying J competitive with somewhere else, almost alway Love's was the best as far as pricing went.

The FJ/GS literally meant nothing to us because FJ wasn't ever a player. We let GS club go several years ago and don't miss it one bit, many other outlets for what they sell and so far have done it better in our experience.

If you don't have the TSD Logistics Fuel Savings program and you drive a Diesel you are bonkers! The savings are YUGE! On the way home from AZ the signs showed around 2.38/gal yet I paid around 1.50/gal. If you went to a Pilot/Flying J and used your Good Sam discount you'd save up to around 9 cents per gallon - TSD Logistics (EFS Card) is around 80 cents/gal. What this reveals is how much Good Sam is making off of us and/or holding back, i.e. making huge money! Very thankful for TSD Logistics but this furthers my hate of Good Sam and Camping World.
Another reason to get a diesel 2021 CanyonStar...:):)

You need an Enabler, I'll take the lead. DO IT!!! @JoeHogan

Even back when P/FJ was part of TSD, Love’s was always cheaper. I use the route function on the EFS app to look at prices, pick the station I want. Then use the Love’s app to select that station. It will send directions right to Apple Maps (or Google Maps). Only takes about 1 minute to do this; very helpful. I’ve loaded the TSD card into the wallet in the Love’s app...when I arrive at the station, I pull up to the pump, and start the pump from the Love’s app before leaving the driver‘s seat. Super convenient.

The TSD card works as advertised. By the time I began using mine Good Sams had already cried to Flying J and Pilot about honoring it due to the fact they had their big 9 cent discount in place, so after several years of purchasing all my diesel at those two vendors I have switched to Loves. My last purchase at Loves in Florida I only saved .58 per gallon but I'll take it.

Having the Loves app to turn on my pump and provide the receipt is a huge plus, especially now with covid-19. We will be back on the road during the next couple of weeks and I already have my Love stops picked out.

OK...OK...OK...trying to avoid a pair of broken arms here, so I'm going to apply for a TSD card! @Neal is pretty persuasive :oops:...and, I didn't want folks thinking that I am "bonkers!" :ROFLMAO: I may be, but I just don't want anyone to know. :rolleyes:

Early in my motorhome days, I had a couple of less-than-satisfactory experiences with Loves and have pretty much avoided them ever since. The issues involved going inside and dealing with snarky cashiers. It looks like with the TSD card, I would be able to activate the pump myself via the app so that will likely resolve my issues.

Now, a couple of questions. For those who have applied and not opted for the 48-hour processing ($20) and/or overnight shipping ($50), how long did it take for you to get your card with normal processing? And, regarding the TSD phone app and the Loves phone app; do I need them both? What is the advantage to having them both,

Thanks for any info to help me fully understand what I'm getting myself into.

TJ

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back