• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Watching them back-in.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I usually have my wife stand beside the sewer pipe or water spigot because I don't want to hit them as they will probably damage my coach and royally piss off the camp ground if I break them. They are usually close to the ground and hard to see. As long as I don't hit my wife while I'm backing up I'm usually OK!!

One of the downsides of this lifestyle is getting in and out of some of these campgrounds.

I thoroughly enjoy letting people down when they see the young guy with the 43’ monster pull in. I recall once on maybe our 4th or 5th trip, it was an extremely tight spot and we were right across from the pool. Everyone stopped swimming and came to the gate to watch the show. Unfortunately dir them we backed right in without issue, wife in the phone guiding me in as always.

I had the joy at Naples Motorcoach of being watched experiencing tail swing and trying to take out the power pedestal. Had I not had spectators and loud screams it may have been worse. Spectators can add value :) The value of the left rear basement door was later realized in full!

My favorite campground activity...watching the parking, the spectators (helpers and directors) and the unpacking.

This summer we are camping in the Henry Cowell Redwoods. Our (back in) spot has an entrance with two large redwoods about 14 feet apart. Once through that it opens way up...but until I'm through the chute (so to speak) I won't be able to see my wife. I'm liking the idea of (cheap) walkie talkies just in case.

My wife and I wear the headsets you see the sports referees wear. They make a network, are always connected to each other, no buttons to push to talk, crystal clear, long range and they were inexpensive. (y)

3 years ago we drove to Lazy Days Tampa and took their RV driving course. It was great and I highly recommend it.
Their backing into a camping spot system works very well, and saved me some embarrassment. Here is the video of it.
Backing into a camping spot

3 years ago we drove to Lazy Days Tampa and took their RV driving course. It was great and I highly recommend it.
Their backing into a camping spot system works very well, and saved me some embarrassment. Here is the video of it.
Backing into a camping spot
My wife and I have tried all the methods that have been discussed. We finally discovered that my new hearing aides will Bluetooth to my phone. So, she and I get out, discuss our strategy, I get back in and she calls me. Works very well and I can hear her perfectly

Latest resources

Back